如何礼貌地地说Shutup

2024-01-13 来源:飞速影视

如何礼貌地地说Shutup


16:03
Hi and welcome back to Love English.
嗨,欢迎来到爱英语。
What a week it has been.
这一周真是太难熬了。
So much has happened in the news in the last week.
上周的新闻中发生了很多事。
We started off with this... We have ended this segment... We"re going to move on... And we"ve ended with this... Donald Trump has said he and his wife Melania have coronavirus and have begun a period of quarantine... Yes, nothing seems impossible these days when it comes to the news.
我们从这个开始……我们已经结束了这一部分……我们要继续前进……我们以这个结束……唐纳德·特朗普表示,他和妻子梅拉尼娅感染了冠状病毒,并开始了一段时间的隔离……是的,现在说到新闻,似乎没有什么是不可能的。
And of course, when it comes to the American election, the world"s media is really watching.
当然,说到美国大选,全世界的媒体都在关注。
And it has been interesting to say the least.
退一步说,这很有趣。
Now in today"s lesson, I"m going to be focusing on a specific language point.
在今天的课中,我将集中讨论一个特定的语言点。
One that apparently American potential and current presidents are not able to navigate particularly well.
这显然是美国的潜在总统和现任总统无法特别好地驾驭的。
Both Joe Biden and Donald Trump have been heavily criticized for how they handled themselves during the debate.
乔·拜登和唐纳德·特朗普都因其在辩论中的表现受到了严厉的批评。
And in particular, how Joe Biden really lost it with trump.
特别是,乔·拜登是如何在特朗普面前输掉的。
Would you shut up, man?
你能闭嘴吗,伙计?
Who is on your list, Joe?
谁在你的名单上,乔?
Now I don"t know about your language, but in English to say "shut up" to somebody is rude.
现在我不知道在你的语言中是什么情况,但是用英语对某人说“shut up(闭嘴)”是不礼貌的。
It is considered really really rude and particularly when you"re in a formal setting.
这被认为是非常非常粗鲁的,尤其是在正式场合。
So today what I want to help you do is find more articulate, creative ways of telling someone to be quiet, to shut up and you don"t have to be rude.
所以今天我想做的是找到更清晰、更有创意的方式来告诉别人安静、闭嘴,同时不用显得太过粗鲁。
I"m going to start with some more formal, polite expressions.
我将从一些更正式、礼貌的表达开始。
And just for fun, I"m going to throw in a few slang informal expressions.
为了好玩,我将加入一些俚语非正式表达。
Some are particularly rude.
有的特别粗鲁。
So be very careful how, where, and when you use them.
因此,在使用它们的方式、地点和时间上要非常小心。
Now before we get started, if you are interested in perfecting the subtleties of English in achieving a more formal level of English, whether that"s for academic purposes or indeed business or even if you"d like to run for president then our partners Cambly are a great way to help you achieve this.
在我们开始之前,如果你有兴趣完善英语的微妙之处,达到更正式的英语水平,无论是出于学术目的还是商业目的,甚至说如果你想竞选总统,那么我们的合作伙伴 Cambly 是帮助你实现这一目标的好方法。
Now, most of you know that Cambly is an online language app, dealing exclusively in English, providing you with native qualified professional teachers to help you perfect your English and reach the level you need.
你们大多数人都知道 Cambly 是一个在线语言应用程序,专门为英语而设计,为你提供本地合格的专业教师,帮助你完善英语,达到所需水平。
Don"t forget, of course, Cambly also have a number of courses specially designed with you in mind so as well as offering bespoke tailored classes and lessons you can also study with Cambly for business English, IELTS speaking and looking at ways to express yourself in English in various situations.
当然,别忘了,Cambly 还有一些专门为你设计的课程,除了提供定制的课程,你还可以和 Cambly 一起学习商务英语、雅思口语以及在各种情况下用英语表达自己的方式。
Use the code LEILA-SABRAH 10 and save 10% off one month course, save 19% with a 3-month course and save 32% if you book a course for one year.
使用优惠码 LEILA-SABRAH 10,一个月的课程可优惠10%,三个月的课程可节省19%,预订一年的课程可节省32%。
So depending on how motivated and serious you are, you can really benefit from Cambly"s discount.
因此,这取决于你有多积极和认真,你真的可以从 Cambly 的折扣中受益。
And remember one of my favorite things is that you can choose your teacher.
我最喜欢的一件事就是你可以选择你的老师。
It is in your control.
它在你的控制之中。
Cambly offers lessons with teachers 24 hours a day seven days a week.
Cambly 有教师每周7天、每天24小时为你上课。
And they could be American, British, Canadian, Australian, so whatever kind of English you want to learn, Cambly has a teacher for you.
他们可能是美国人、英国人、加拿大人、澳大利亚人,所以不管你想学什么样的英语,Cambly 都有一位老师为你服务。
Right on with the lesson, 16 amazing ways going from formal to rather informal and a little bit rude, ways to say shut up.
接着这节课,16种神奇的方法从正式到非正式,再到一点粗鲁的,表达“闭嘴”的方式。
…… …… Now remember there are two different reasons that you"re going to ask somebody to shut up.
有两个不同的原因让你想要求某人闭嘴。
It might be because you want to be able to speak and they"re not allowing you because they"re speaking all the time as with our friends, president Trump and Boe Biden.
这可能是因为你想说话,而他们不允许你说话,因为他们一直在说话,像我们的朋友特朗普总统和拜登一样。
Or it might just be that someone is making a lot of noise that could be with music or simply talking or speaking very loudly in a group of people.
或者可能只是有人制造了很多噪音,可能是来自音乐,或者只是在一群人中间大声说话。
So whether you want someone to stop talking, to allow you to talk, or whether you"d like somebody to keep the noise down, these expressions are going to help you do this in a more polite way.
因此,无论你想让某人停止说话,让你说话,还是你想让某人小声点,这些表达都会帮助你以更礼貌的方式做到这一点。
And then let"s just use some slang.
然后我们可以用一些俚语。
Now remember to make any of these expressions a little more polite, you can use "please" at the beginning or at the end of the sentence.
要让这些表达更加礼貌,你可以在句子的开头或结尾使用 please“请”。
I"ll throw in a few examples, just to make sure that you"re clear.
我再举几个例子,确保大家都明白了。
Right, number one, "Could you keep it down?" Could you keep it down?
第一,“Could you keep it down?(你能小声点吗?)"你能小声点吗?
Could you keep it down, please?
你能小声点吗?
Please, could you keep it down?
请你小声点好吗?
"Keeping it down" is a lovely phrasal verb and it"s referring to asking someone to keep the volume down whether that"s because they"re talking loudly, playing loud music, they have the television on loud, any reason that a lot of noise is being made.
“Keeping it down(小声点)”是一个可爱的短语动词,它指的是要求某人把音量调低,不管是因为他们大声说话,大声放音乐,把电视开得很大声,还是因为噪音太大。
And it could be because you"re doing something, it could simply be because you"re concentrating or you"re trying to have a conversation with somebody else.
这可能是因为你在做某件事,也可能只是因为你在集中注意力,或者你试图和别人交谈。
It"s too noisy, could you keep it down, please?
太吵了,你能小声点吗?
Number two, another lovely indirect question, "Would you mind keeping it down, please?" Would you mind keeping it down, please?
第二,另一个可爱的间接问句,“Would you mind keeping it down,please?(请你小声点好吗?)"请你小声点好吗?
Again, would you mind, or could you both much more formal and polite because they are indirect questions.
还是那句话,would you mind 或者 could you引导的问句更正式礼貌,因为它们是间接的问题。
They work very well in these kinds of situations in a business environment where you don"t want to offend anybody.
它们在你不想冒犯任何人的商业环境中非常有效。
But equally, so they"re being noisy and you can"t handle it.
但是同样的,他们太吵了,你无法处理。
You need quiet, you need peace for whether you"re working, studying, talking.
你需要安静,无论是工作、学习还是谈话,你都需要平静。
Could you keep it down, please?
你能小声点吗?
Would you mind keeping it down, please?
请你小声点好吗?
Now number three, using "could" again, but specifically with this phrase.
第三,再次使用“could”,但特别的是这个短语。
Could you just let me...could you just let me finish?
你能让我...Could you just let me finish(你能让我说完吗)?
Could you just let me answer the question?
你能让我回答这个问题吗?
Or you could simply have "Could you just let me finish, answering the question?" Could you just let me finish explaining what I was trying to say?
或者你可以简单地说“Could you just let me finish,answering the question(你能让我回答完这个问题吗)?"你能让我说完我想说的吗?
So after "finish", remember you need a gerund so "explaining", "answering".
所以在“finish”之后,记住你需要动名词所以后面接的是“explaining”、“answering”。
But this works really nicely when somebody is talking over you.
但是当有人在谈论的时候,这真的很有效。
They"re not giving you the opportunity to speak.
他们不给你说话的机会。
And this would have been perfect for Joe Biden to have used with Donald Trump.
这对乔·拜登和唐纳德·特朗普来说是再好不过的了。
Although let"s be honest, I"m not sure how much Donald trump would have really paid attention to anyone telling him to be quiet.
尽管,说实话,我不确定唐纳德·特朗普会对任何告诉他保持安静的人给予多少关注。
It certainly hasn"t worked for the last four years.
在过去的四年里,它肯定没有发挥作用。
It certainly hasn"t been possible for the last four years.
在过去的四年里,这显然是不可能的。
Would you let me finish?
你能让我说完吗?
You can see how "could" and "would" are used interchangeably.
你可以看到“could”和“would”是如何交替使用的。
"Would" is probably a little stronger whereas "could" is referring more to the ability.
“Would”的语气可能要强一点,而“could”更多地指的是一种能力。
But both work in essentially the same way.
但两者的运用方式基本相同。
Would you just let me finish?
你能让我说完吗?
Would you just let me finish answering the question, explaining what I was saying?
你能让我把问题回答完吗,解释一下我刚才说的话?
So really very simple ways of being polite and telling someone to be quiet without using those two words "shut up".
所以非常非常简单的礼貌方式,告诉某人安静,不要用“shut up”这两个词。
It"s not necessary.
没必要。
See, how great those expressions were?
你看,这些表达有多棒?
Try them yourself, but remember tone of voice is also very important.
你自己试试,但是记住说话的语气也很重要。
If I were to say "Could you just let me finish?" then clearly I"m slightly more frustrated and annoyed.
如果我说“你能让我说完吗?”,那么显然我很沮丧和恼火。
"Could you just let me finish?", perhaps showing a level of assertiveness but not being too rude.
“你能让我说完吗?”,这可能显示了一定程度的自信,但又不是太粗鲁。
Now, number six is really simple.
第六很简单。
Please be quiet.
Please be quiet(请安静)。
It"s that simple, "please be quiet".
就这么简单,“请安静”。
Please be quiet I"m trying to answer the question.
请安静,我正在回答这个问题。
Please be quiet, I"m trying to study.
请安静,我在努力学习。
Whatever it is, whatever the reason you can add it on give an explanation for why you need somebody to be quiet.
不管是什么,不管是什么原因,你都要解释为什么你需要别人保持安静。
And this is obviously referring to them speaking or making a lot of noise.
这显然是指他们说话或制造噪音。
Please be quiet. I"m trying to answer the question.
请安静,我在努力回答问题。
Number seven, you could simply tell them that you are trying to do something.
第七,你可以简单地告诉他们你正在努力做一些事情。
Excuse me, I"m trying to have a conversation here.
对不起,我想在这里谈一谈。
Excuse me, I"m trying to explain something here.
对不起,我想在这里解释一下。
So here you don"t even have to say "be quiet", "could you keep it down", you"re simply drawing their attention to the fact that you have not finished that you are in the middle of something and they are interrupting you by speaking over you or being very noisy.
所以在这里,你甚至不必说“安静”,“你能小声点吗”,你只是在提醒他们你还没有完成,你正在做某事,他们打断了你的话,或者非常吵。
Excuse me, I"m trying to... I"m trying to answer their question.
对不起,我想…我试图回答他们的问题。
I"m trying to explain myself.
我在努力解释自己说过的话。
I"m trying to have a conversation here.
我在跟你说话呢。
Simple but effective and not too rude.
简单但有效,不会太粗鲁。
But of course, if somebody is being noisy, interrupting you, you have every right to explain that you started talking first.
但是当然,如果有人在吵闹,打断你,你完全有权利解释你是先开口的。
Similarly, number eight, if you would just let me finish what I was saying.
同样,第八,如果你能让我说完我刚才说的话。
If you would just let me answer the question.
如果你能让我回答这个问题。
Or a little bit more formal, if you would just allow me to answer the question.
或者更正式一点,如果你允许我回答这个问题的话。
"If you would just allow me to explain myself", meaning give me the opportunity to speak without you speaking over me or interrupting me.
“如果你允许我解释我自己”,意思是给我一个说话的机会,而不是你对我说话或打断我。
If you would just let me or allow me to, allow me to explain myself, answer the question.
如果你让我或者允许我,允许我解释我自己,回答这个问题。
Works perfectly and still very polite but quite firm.
很有用,仍然非常礼貌,但相当坚定。
This would have been a brilliant phrase for them to use in the presidential debate.
这对他们在总统辩论中使用来说是一个绝妙的短语。
And why they didn"t, I don"t know.
他们为什么没有,我不知道。
Would you shut up, man?
你能闭嘴吗,伙计?
Who is on your list, Joe?
谁在你的名单上,乔?
Right, moving on and getting a little bit informal here, moving down to some rather strong phrases.
好的,继续,这里有点不正式,下面是一些比较强烈的短语。
When there is too much noise, when there is too much going on, I can"t hear myself think.
噪音太大的时候,事情太多的时候,我都无法思考了。
I can"t hear myself think.
我都无法思考了。
This means that things are so noisy and loud, whether it"s talking or just general noise, perhaps kids running around and shouting.
这意味着环境是如此嘈杂和声音太大声,无论是说话或只是普通的噪音,可能是孩子跑来跑去和大喊大叫。
I can"t hear myself think, meaning it"s so noisy.
我都无法思考了,意思是太吵了。
My thoughts are being disrupted.
我的思想被打乱了。
Let alone being able to speak and say anything.
更别说能说什么了。
I can"t hear myself think, meaning be quiet, keep it down, it is too loud and too chaotic.
我都无法思考了,意思是安静,小声点,太吵太乱了。
Number ten, "I can"t get a word in edgeways".
第十,“I can"t get a word in edgeways(我一句话也插不上。”
I can"t get a word in edgeways.
我一句话都插不上。
This essentially is referring to the fact that you"re not given any opportunity to speak.
这本质上是指你没有任何说话的机会。
So you can"t even interject to say something to respond.
你甚至不能插话说些什么来回应。
I can"t get a word in edgeways.
我一句话都插不上。
So it seemed like Donald Trump didn"t want Joe Biden to get a word in edgeways and more or less he succeeded.
因此,唐纳德·特朗普似乎不想让乔·拜登插一句话,但他或多或少还是成功了。
Number eleven, pipe down.
十一号,pipe down(闭嘴)。
"Pipe down" essentially be quiet, shut up, but using an idiomatic expression and that means it is slightly less offensive than "shut up".
“Pipe down”的意思是安静,闭嘴,但使用一个惯用的表达,这意味着它比“shut up”稍微不那么无礼。
"Would you pipe down please?", meaning "Would you please be quiet?" Often used with children, when people are being particularly noisy.
“Would you pipe down please(请你安静下来好吗)?”,意思是“Would you please be quiet(请你安静好吗)?"经常用于儿童,当他们特别吵闹的时候。
Number twelve, can you guess it?
十二号,你能猜到吗?
What"s this?
这是什么?
It"s a sock, yes.
是的,它是一只袜子。
And where did I put it?
我把它放在哪里了?
On my mouth.
在我嘴上。
Yes, if you tell someone to put a sock in it, in your mouth, basically but you say in it.
是的,如果你告诉某人往嘴里塞袜子,基本上,但是你用的是 in it。
Usually when we"re talking to children when someone won"t shut up when they won"t be quiet and you want them to you can say very informally, very much slang, "put a sock in it".
通常,当我们和孩子们说话的时候,当有人不闭嘴的时候,当他们不安静的时候,你想让他们闭嘴的时候,你可以非常非正式,俚语是,“闭上嘴(put a sock in it)”。
It"s a great idiomatic expression to use.
这是一个很好的惯用表达。
But again be very careful how you use it because with all slang it can be quite rude.
但再次小心你如何使用它,因为所有的俚语都可能非常粗鲁。
If you"re talking informally with friends, "Oh, come on put a sock in," it meaning "Come on, be quiet".
如果你和朋友非正式地交谈,“哦,闭上嘴”,意思是“拜托,安静。”
In this way, it"s probably not quite so rude.
这样的话,大概也没那么没礼貌。
But if you said it to your boss, you might not have a job left later.
但是如果你对你的老板说了,你以后可能就没有工作了。
Number thirteen, if someone is going on and on, they keep talking whether that"s complaining, whether that"s talking about something, that"s rather boring, "Would you give it a rest?" "Come on, give it a rest", meaning you"ve talked enough, you"ve said enough, we"ve heard it a million times, stop, please.
第十三,如果有人一直在说,他们一直在说,不管那是在抱怨,还是在谈论什么,那很无聊,“Would you give it a rest(你能消停会儿吗)?”“消停会儿”,意思是你说的够多了,我们听了一百万遍了,请停下来。
"Give it a rest", meaning have a break. Shut up.
“Give it a rest”,意思是休息一下。闭嘴。
Number fourteen, classic not particularly sophisticated, but of course it will work.
第十四,经典不是特别复杂,但有用。
Definitely rude, definitely not to be used at work or in formal situations.
绝对粗鲁,绝对不要在工作或者正式场合使用。
Maybe only with your kids and even then, that"s pretty rude and you wouldn"t want them to do it to you.
也许只有和你的孩子在一起,即使那样,那也是相当粗鲁的,你不会希望他们这样对你。
So I don"t recommend using...because so annoying.
所以我不建议使用...因为太烦人了。
If anyone did it to me, I"d probably want to punch them or literally put a sock in their mouth.
如果有人这样对我,我可能会想揍他们,或者真的往他们嘴里塞袜子。
So...here"s an alternative not really a phrase not really about English.
所以...这里有一个替代词,其实不是一个关于英语的短语。
The international way of telling somebody to shut up.
告诉某人闭嘴的国际方式。
Okay, fifteen and sixteen, in fact, there"s quite a few here.
好吧,15和16,事实上,这里有很多。
Number fifteen, very very rude.
十五,非常非常粗鲁。
Shut your face.
Shut your face(闭上你的嘴)。
Shut your face.
闭上你的嘴。
Much ruder than "shut up".
比“shut up”粗鲁多了。
Shut your face, be quiet, shut up completely.
闭上你的脸,安静,完全闭嘴。
It"s really rude.
真的很没礼貌。
It would be said if you really want to start an argument with someone to be honest.
老实说,如果你真的想和某人开始一场争论,你会这么说的。
So avoid it but you might hear it and you can probably guess what it means within the context.
所以避免它,但你可能会听到它,你可能会猜测它在语境中的意思。
But if someone tells you to shut your face, they are being extremely rude and telling you to shut up.
但是如果有人告诉你闭上你的嘴,他们是以非常粗鲁的方式告诉你闭嘴。
Now, how many slang words can you think of for "mouth"?
现在,你能想到多少个俚语来形容“嘴”?
Well, there"re quite a few.
嗯,有不少。
And in number sixteen, our final expression that"s very very informal, very much I would say rude, yes, definitely rude much ruder than to say "shut up".
在第十六条,我们最后的表达非常非常不正式,我会说粗鲁,是的,绝对粗鲁,比说“shut up”更粗鲁。
Slang for "mouth", could be trap, gob or creatively pie hole.
俚语,意思是“嘴”,可以是 trap、gob 或创造性的 pie hole。
Pie hole, yes, even if you don"t eat pies, it doesn"t matter.
pie hole,对,就算不吃馅饼也没关系。
Your pie hole is referring to your mouth.
你的“pie hole”指的是你的嘴。
So your three options here are, "shut your trap", "shut your gob" "shut your pie hole".
所以你的三个选择是,“shut your trap”,“shut your gob”,“shut your pie hole”。
So those three very rude, very creative, a little bit expressive.
这三个表达非常粗鲁,非常有创意,有点表现力。
Don"t use them unless you really want to get into a fight or an argument with somebody.
不要使用它们,除非你真的想和某人打架或争吵。
But if you do hear them, then you understand why.
但如果你真的听到了,那你就明白为什么了。
Shut your trap, shut your gob shut your pie hole.
闭上你的嘴。
But let"s rise above all of these rather informal rude expressions and stick with a few from the beginning.
但是让我们抛开所有这些非正式的粗鲁表达,从一开始就坚持使用一些正式的表达。
After all, if you"re ever in a presidential debate, you don"t want to look like complete idiots like they did.
毕竟,如果你参加总统辩论,你不会想看起来像他们那样愚蠢。
…… …… So thank you so much for watching.
所以非常感谢你的收看。
If you think I have missed any expressions, whether formal or informal then do comment below and let me know.
如果你认为我漏掉了任何表达,无论是正式的还是非正式的,那么请在下面做评论,让我知道。
Also, I"m not really one for getting involved in politics on Youtube.
此外,我不是一个真正在 Youtube 上参与政治的人。
But I"d love to hear what you thought of Joe Biden telling Trump to shut up.
但我想听听你对乔·拜登告诉特朗普闭嘴的看法。
Did you think it was rude or rather necessary in this case?
在这种情况下,你认为这是不礼貌的还是很有必要的?
Comment below and let me know.
在下方评论,让我知道。
And don"t forget to click the link in the description to go through to Cambly.
别忘了点击描述中的链接进入 Cambly。
Or of course, you can search for them, like that probably on your phone in the app store.
或者当然,你可以搜索它们,在手机上应用商店搜索。
Download the Cambly app to learn English with a real native professional teacher and learn lots more expressions like these.
下载 Cambly 应用程序,与真正的母语专业教师一起学习英语,并学习更多类似的表达方式。
Thank you for watching. Bye.
感谢收看, 拜拜。

相关影视
合作伙伴
本站仅为学习交流之用,所有视频和图片均来自互联网收集而来,版权归原创者所有,本网站只提供web页面服务,并不提供资源存储,也不参与录制、上传
若本站收录的节目无意侵犯了贵司版权,请发邮件(我们会在3个工作日内删除侵权内容,谢谢。)

www.fs94.org-飞速影视 粤ICP备74369512号