傲慢与偏见2005完整中英文台词对照

2023-05-04 来源:飞速影视
傲慢与偏见

傲慢与偏见2005完整中英文台词对照


Pride.And.Prejudice.2005


丽迪雅! 吉蒂!
Lydia! Kitty!
我的好老爷班纳特 你听说了吗?
My dear Mr Bennet, have you heard?
尼日斐花园终于租出去了
Netherfield Park is let at last.
你难道不想知道是谁租去了吗?
Do you not want to know who has taken it?
既然你这么想告诉我 我的好太太
As you wish to tell me, my dear,
我只能洗耳恭听了
I doubt I have any choice in the matter.
吉蒂 我不是跟你说过吗 不要偷听
Kitty, what have I told you about listening at the door?
是位从北部来的彬格莱先生
There"s a Mr Bingley arrived from the North.
-一年有五千磅的收入! -真的?
- Five thousand a year! - Really?
-他是单身汉! -谁是单身汉?
- He"s single! - Who"s single?
显然是彬格莱先生 吉蒂!
A Mr Bingley, apparently. Kitty!
这关女儿们什么事?
How can that possibly affect them?
班纳特老爷 你怎么这么讨厌?
Mr Bennet, how can you be so tiresome?
告诉你吧 他一定会娶我们女儿中的一个当太太
You know he must marry one of them.
他住到这儿来就是为了这个?
That is his design in settling here?
你得马上去拜访拜访他
You must go and visit him at once.
天哪 人啊
Good heavens. People.
要是你不去 叫我们怎么去? 你是知道的 班纳特
For we may not visit if you do not, as you well know, Mr Bennet.
你在听我说话吗? 你从来都不听
Are you listening? You never listen.
你一定要去 爸爸! 马上!
You must, Papa! At once!
没必要 我已经去过了
There"s no need. I already have.
-你去过了? -什么时候?
- You have? - When?
噢 班纳特老爷 你怎么能够这样戏弄我?
Oh, Mr Bennet, how can you tease me so?
你就不能体谅体谅我那脆弱的神经吗?
Have you no compassion for my poor nerves?
你错怪我了 我的好太太 我非常尊重你的神经
You mistake me, my dear. I have the highest respect for them.
它们是我20多年的老朋友了
They"ve been my constant companions these twenty years.
爸爸!
Papa!
-他亲切吗? -谁?
- Is he amiable? - Who?
-他帅吗? -那是当然
- Is he handsome? - He"s sure to be.
一年有五千镑的人 就算有什么毛病也没关系啦
With 5,000 a year, it would not matter if he had warts.
谁有毛病?
Who"s got warts?
我倒想看看他会娶什么样的女孩
I will consent to his marrying whichever girl he chooses.
-那么他明天也会去舞会吗? -我想是的
- So will he come to the ball tomorrow? - I believe so.
-班纳特老爷! -我要穿你的棉布衣了!
- Mr Bennet! - I have to have your muslin!
我会把我的绿拖鞋借给你!
I"ll lend you my green slippers!
那本来就是我的
They were mine.
我会帮你做一星期的针线活
I"ll do your mending for a week.
我会帮你重新装饰你的新帽子
I"ll retrim your new bonnet.
那我就帮你做两星期
Two weeks I"ll do it for.
不一样! 不一样
It"s not the same! It"s not the same.
我快喘不过气了
I can"t breathe.
我连脚趾头都差点给踩掉了
I think one of my toes just came off.
全场男士要是有人没在今晚爱上你
If every man does not end the evening in love with you,
那我对美丽就没什么好评价的了
then I"m no judge of beauty.
或者对男士们没什么好评价的了
Or men.
不 要评价他们太容易了
No, they are far too easy to judge.
他们并不都那么糟糕
They"re not all bad.
以我有限的经历 他们说的都是一本正经的废话
Humourless poppycock, in my limited experience.
总有一天 有人入了你的法眼
One day, someone will catch your eye,
到时候你就不会这么口无遮拦了
and then you"ll have to watch your tongue.
你能来真是太好了
How good of you to come.
哪一位鲜艳的孔雀是我们的彬格莱先生?
Which of the painted peacocks is our Mr Bingley?
右边的是他 左边的是他的妹妹
He"s on the right. On the left is his sister.
长着奇怪眉毛的那个?
The person with the quizzical brow?
那个是他的好朋友达西先生
That is his good friend, Mr Darcy.
他看上去挺痛苦的 可怜的人
He looks miserable, poor soul.
他可能痛苦 但并不可怜
He may be, but poor he is not.
说来听听
Tell me.
一年有一万英镑的收入他拥有半个的德贝郡
10000 a year, and he owns half of Derbyshire.
这痛苦的半个德贝郡
The miserable half.
班纳特老爷 你一定要马上把他介绍给你的女儿们
Mr Bennet, you must introduce him to the girls immediately.
朝彬格莱先生微笑 微笑
Smile at Mr Bingley. Smile.
曼丽
Mary.
彬格莱先生 我的长女 你已经认识
Mr Bingley, my eldest daughter you know.
班纳特太太 吉英·班纳特小姐
Mrs Bennet, Miss Jane Bennet,
伊丽莎白还有曼丽·班纳特小姐
Elizabeth and Miss Mary Bennet.
很荣幸见到你们
It is a pleasure.
我还有两个女儿 不过她们在跳舞
I have two others, but they"re already dancing.
我很高兴能与你们相识
I"m delighted to make your acquaintance.
请允许我向你们介绍达西先生
And may I introduce Mr Darcy
他来自德贝郡的彭伯里庄园
of Pemberley in Derbyshire.
你喜欢赫特福德郡吗?
How do you like it here in Hertfordshire?
很喜欢
Very much.
尼日斐的图书馆 我听说是最好的图书馆之一
The library at Netherfield, I"ve heard, is one of the finest.
这真让我深感惭愧 我不是一个好的读者
It fills me with guilt. I"m not a good reader.
我更喜欢户外运动
I prefer being out of doors.
噢 我是说 我能读书 当然
Oh, I mean, I can read, of course.
我可不建议你在户外读书哦
And I"m not suggesting you can"t read out of doors.
我非常希望我能多读点书
I wish I read more,
但是总有这样那样的事情要做
but there seem to be so many other things to do.
对 我就是这个意思
That"s exactly what I meant.
妈妈 妈妈! 你肯定不会相信我们要说的事
Mama, Mama! You will never, ever believe what we"re about to tell you.
-说啊! -她一定会掩饰
- Tell me! - She"s going to take the veil.
-军团要来了! -军官们?
- The regiment are coming! - Officers?
他们整个冬天将驻扎在这里 就在这里哦!
They"re going to be stationed the whole winter, right here.
-军官们? -长期驻扎哦
- Officers? - As far as the eye can see.
噢 瞧 吉英在和彬格莱先生在跳舞
Oh, look. Jane"s dancing with Mr Bingley.
班纳特老爷
Mr Bennet.
你想跳舞吗 达西先生?
Do you dance, Mr Darcy?
不想 不过如果你想跳的话我可以奉陪
Not if I can help it.
我不知道你会来这看我 出什么事了?
I didn"t know you were coming to see me. What"s the matter?
我们从罗夫纳酒店千里迢迢赶来的就为这?
We are a long way from Grosvenor Square, are we not,
达西先生?
Mr Darcy?
我生平没见过今天晚上这么多可爱的姑娘们
I"ve never seen so many pretty girls.
舞场上唯一的美女在跟你跳舞
You were dancing with the only handsome girl.
她是我这辈子见过的最美丽的尤物
She is the most beautiful creature I have ever beheld.
不过她妹妹伊丽莎白也很讨人喜欢啊
But her sister Elizabeth is agreeable.
她长得还行
Perfectly tolerable.
不过也没漂亮到让我动心的地步
Not handsome enough to tempt me.
你还是回到你的舞伴身边去欣赏她的笑脸吧
Return to your partner and enjoy her smiles.
犯不着把时间浪费在我的身上
You"re wasting your time with me.
往好的一面想 伊丽莎白
Count your blessings, Lizzie.
他要是喜欢你 你就得和他聊天啦
If he liked you, you"d have to talk to him.
说得是
Precisely.
就算他拥有整个德贝郡 我也不愿意和他跳舞
I wouldn"t dance with him for all of Derbyshire,
何况他只拥有半个而已
Let alone the miserable half.
等等!
Wait!
我很喜欢这里 卢卡斯小姐
I enjoyed that so much, Miss Lucas.
你跳得真好 彬格莱先生
How well you dance, Mr Bingley.
我从没跳得这么尽兴
I"ve never enjoyed a dance so much.
我女儿吉英的舞跳得很不错 对吧?
My daughter Jane is a splendid dancer, is she not?
她确实跳得很好
She is indeed.
你的朋友卢卡斯小姐 是个非常风趣的年轻女士
Your friend Miss Lucas is a most amusing young woman.
噢 是啊 我可喜欢她了
Oh, yes, I adore her.
-可惜的是她不够漂亮 -妈妈!
- It is a pity she"s not more handsome. - Mama!
噢 但是伊丽莎白绝不会承认她相貌平平
Oh, but Lizzie would never admit that she"s plain.
当然啦 我的吉英才是这个郡最漂亮的可人儿
Of course, it"s my Jane who"s considered the beauty of the county.
妈妈 求求你!
Mama, please!
她15岁那年 就有位绅士深深地爱上了她
When she was 15, a gentleman was so much in love with her,
我敢肯定他会向她求婚
I was sure he would make her an offer.
无论如何 他是写过不少可爱的诗给她
However, he did write her some very pretty verses.
不过也就到此为止了
And that put paid to it.
我真惊讶 是谁发现了诗还有熄灭爱情的力量
I wonder who discovered the power of poetry in driving away love.
我还以为诗能滋养爱情呢
I thought poetry was the food of love.
对坚定的爱情确实如此
Of a fine, stout love.
但是如果只是暧昧的喜好
But if it is only a vague inclination,
一首蹩脚的十四行诗就能轻易毁了它
one poor sonnet will kill it.
那么 你推荐用什么来激发爱情呢?
So, what do you recommend to encourage affection?
跳舞 即使舞伴长得也就是还行而已
Dancing. Even if one"s partner is barely tolerable.
彬格莱先生真是位典型的好青年
Mr Bingley is just what a young man ought to be.
有见识 有趣味..
Sensible, good-humoured...
英俊 非常富有...
Handsome, conveniently rich...
婚姻不应该以金钱为出发点
Marriage should not be driven by thoughts of money.
我只会为真挚的爱而结婚
Only deep love will persuade me to marry.
所以我势必成为一位老姑娘
Which is why I"ll end up an old maid.
你真的认为他喜欢我吗?
Do you really believe he liked me?
他几乎整晚都在和你跳舞
He danced with you most of the night,
没跳的时候 眼睛也一刻不离开你
and stared at you the rest.
我不反对你喜欢他 反正你以前也喜欢过不少蠢货
I give you leave to like him. You"ve liked many stupider.
你也太容易对人产生好感了
You"re a great deal too apt to like people in general.
在你眼里 天下都是好人
All the world is good in your eyes.
他的朋友可不算好人
Not his friend.
我到现在都不敢相信他居然那么说你
I still can"t believe what he said about you.
达西先生?
Mr Darcy?
要不是他伤了我的虚荣心
I"d more easily forgive his vanity
我对他的虚荣倒还蛮理解的
had he not wounded mine.
不过不用担心 恐怕我们再也不会交谈了
But no matter. I doubt we shall ever speak again.
他和卢卡斯小姐跳舞了
He danced with Miss Lucas.
我们都在那看到了 我的好太太
We were all there, dear.
真可惜她不够漂亮
It is a shame she"s not more handsome.
看来她注定要成为老处女了
There"s a spinster in the making and no mistake.
第四支舞是和金小姐跳的
The fourth with a Miss King of little standing,
第五支又是跟吉英跳的
and the fifth again with Jane.
要是他稍许体谅我一点 他真该把脚给扭了才好
If he had any compassion, he would"ve sprained his ankle.
你说得倒轻巧
The way you carry on,
也不想想 我们女儿只能指望继承一千镑的遗产
you"d think our girls look forward to a grand inheritance.
你去世之时 这可是说来就来的事儿
When you die, which may be very soon,
到时候他们不会给我们留一片瓦
they will be left without a roof over their head
他们会拿走他们名下的每个子儿
nor a penny to their name.
拜托 现在才早上十点
Please, it"s ten in the morning.
给班纳特小姐的信 夫人
A letter to Miss Bennet, ma"am.
从尼日斐庄园寄出的
From Netherfield Hall.
赞美上帝 我们有救了!
Praise the Lord. We are saved!
快 吉英 快 噢 多么愉快的一天啊!
Make haste, Jane, make haste. Oh, happy day!
卡罗琳·彬格莱写来的
It is from Caroline Bingley.
她邀请我和她共进晚餐
She has invited me to dine with her.
-她哥哥要出去吃饭 -出去吃饭?
- Her brother will be dining out. - Dining out?
-我能用马车吗? -我想想
- Can I take the carriage? - Let me see.
那太远了走不过去的
It is too far to walk.
他没道理这么做呀
This is unaccountable of him.
妈妈 为吉英准备马车?
Mama, the carriage for Jane?
当然不 她要骑马去
Certainly not. She"ll go on horseback.
骑马!
Horseback!
伊丽莎白
Lizzie.
这下她得在那留宿了 不出我所料
Now she"ll have to stay the night, exactly as I predicted.
天哪 老婆子 你做媒的技巧
Good grief, woman, your skills in the art of matchmaking
简直出神入化
are positively occult.
不过 妈妈 你连呼风唤雨也会啊
Though I don"t think, Mama, you can take credit for making it rain.
"除非我好了些 不然朋友们不会让我回家
"My friends will not hear of me returning home until I am better.
除了喉咙发炎 发烧 头痛 我都挺好的"
Excepting a sore throat, a fever and a headache, nothing is wrong with me."
吉英要是因此送了命
If Jane does die it
知道她这是听你的话去追彬格莱 也算是个安慰
will be a comfort to know it was in pursuit of Mr Bingley.
哪有小感冒就送命的道理
People do not die of colds.
但她会因为有这么一个母亲而羞愧死
But she may perish with the shame of having such a mother.
我必须立刻去尼日斐
I must go to Netherfield at once.
巴瑟斯特夫人正在按照法国风格重新装修舞厅
Lady Bathurst is redecorating her ballroom in the French style.
有点不爱国 你不觉得吗?
A little unpatriotic, don"t you think?
伊丽莎白·班纳特小姐到
Miss Elizabeth Bennet.
天哪 你是走着来的吗?
Good Lord, did you walk here?
是的
I did.
真抱歉打扰了 我姐姐怎么样了?
I"m so sorry. How is my sister?
她在楼上
She"s upstairs.
谢谢
Thank you.
天哪 你看到她的裙摆没? 足足有6英寸的泥浆
My goodness, did you see her hem? Six inches deep in mud.
她看上去像从中世纪来的
She looked positively mediaeval.
我觉得很不好意思 他们对我都非常好
I feel such a terrible imposition. They"re being so kind to me.
不知道他俩谁更高兴看到你在这
I don"t know who is more pleased at your being here,
是妈妈还是彬格莱先生呢?
Mama or Mr Bingley.
谢谢你们对我姐姐的精心照顾
Thank you for tending to my sister so diligently.
她在这比在家要舒服多了
She"s in far better comfort than at home.
乐意之至
It"s a pleasure.
我不是说我乐意她生病 当然不是
I mean, it"s not a pleasure that she"s ill. Of course not.
我乐意的是她在这生病了
It"s a pleasure that she"s here, being ill.
人怕出名猪怕壮啊
Not going to be famous, our pig.
后背是黑色 但是和诺里奇的猪没任何关系
Black on the back, but not related to the learned pig of Norwich.
-现在那猪... -班纳特老爷
- Now that pig is... - Mr Bennet.
计划进行得一帆风顺 他已经几乎爱上她了
It"s all going to plan. He"s half in love with her already.
-谁 布洛申? -彬格先莱生
- Who is, blossom? - Mr Bingley.
他不在乎她一文不名
He doesn"t mind that she hasn"t a penny.
他的钱足够他们俩用的
He has more than enough for the two of them.
-我们怎么结识他们? -好办!
- How will we meet them? - Easy!
等等我!
Wait for me!
你把东西掉在地上 他们帮你拾起来
You drop something. They pick it up.
这样自然就认识了
And then you"re introduced.
军官!
Officers!
你写信写得出奇的快啊 达西先生
You write uncommonly fast, Mr Darcy.
你这话可说得不对 其实我写得相当慢
You"re mistaken. I write slowly.
你得写多少封信啊 达西先生?
How many letters you must have occasion to write, Mr Darcy.
生意上的信 我想你一定很厌烦吧
Letters of business. How odious I should think them.
幸亏得写这些信的人是我 而不是你
It is fortunate, then, they fall to me and not you.
告诉令妹 我很想和她见见面
Tell your sister I long to see her.
-我已经遵命告诉过她了 -我太喜爱她了
- I"ve already told her once. - I do dote on her.
她寄来给我装饰桌子的那张美丽的小图案
I was quite in raptures
我喜欢极了
at her beautiful design for a table.
可否请你通融一下
Perhaps you will give me leave
容我下次再代为转达?
to defer your raptures.
这一次我可写不下这么多啦
I have not room enough to do them justice.
你们这些年轻小姐真是多才多艺
You young ladies are so accomplished.
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
你们会为桌子作画 会弹钢琴
You paint tables, play the piano
还能给垫子绣花
and embroider cushions.
我还从没听说过哪位小姐不被称为多才多艺的
I never heard of a lady, but people say she"s accomplished.
这个词被过于滥用了
The word is applied too liberally.
我认识的真正称得上多才多艺的女士不超过6个
I do not know more half a dozen women that are truly accomplished.
我也是
Nor I.
天哪 你对这个概念一定深有体会
Goodness, you must comprehend a great deal in the idea.
-是的 -绝对
- I do. - Absolutely.
她必须通晓音乐 歌唱 绘画 跳舞
She must have a knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing
以及现代语言 才称得上多才多艺
and the modern languages to deserve the word.
还有言谈举止
And something in her air and manner of walking.
她必须通过广泛的阅读来扩展自身视野
And she must improve her mind by extensive reading.
难怪你只认识6位多才多艺的女士了
I"m no longer surprised at your knowing only six accomplished women.
我甚至怀疑你一位都不认识
I wonder at you knowing any.
你对同性的要求这么严格的吗?
Are you so severe on your own sex?
我从没见过这样的女士
I never saw such a woman.
这样的女士一定令人望而生畏
She would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold.
伊丽莎白小姐 我们在房间里随便走走吧
Miss Elizabeth, let us take a turn about the room.
这很提神 不是吗
It"s refreshing, is it not,
坐了那么久 走动一下可以提提精神
after sitting so long in one attitude?
我想这也是种小技艺吧
It is a small kind of accomplishment, I suppose.
你不和我们一起走走吗 达西先生?
Will you not join us, Mr Darcy?
你们的动机不外乎两种
You can only have two motives,
但我若是一起走的话就有碍于你们
and I would interfere with either.
他这是什么意思?
What can he mean?
要让他失望的话 最好就是什么也别问他
The surest way to disappoint him would be to ask him nothing.
一定要告诉我们 达西先生
Do tell us, Mr Darcy.
要么就是 你们俩是心腹之交
Either you are in each other"s confidence
有些私事要聊聊
and you have secret affairs to discuss,
要么就是你们自以为散起步来
or you are conscious that your figures
体态特别优美 所以要散散步
appear to the greatest advantage by walking.
倘若是出于第一个动机
If the first,
我夹在你们中间就会妨碍你们
I should get in your way.
倘若是出于第二个动机
If the second,
那么我坐在这可以更好地欣赏你们
I can admire you much better from here.
亏他说得出 我们该怎么罚他呀?
How shall we punish him for such a speech?
我们可以取笑他一番
We could laugh at him.
不行 达西先生是不能让人笑话的
No. Mr Darcy is not to be teased.
你是否太骄傲了些 达西先生?
Are you too proud, Mr Darcy?
你认为骄傲是缺点还是优点?
And would you consider pride a fault or a virtue?
-说不好 -我们在试着找出你的缺点
- I couldn"t say. - We"re trying to find a fault in you.
别人的愚蠢和过错我本应该赶快忘掉
I find it hard to forgive
却偏偏忘不掉
the follies and vices of others,
人家得罪了我 我也忘不掉
or their offences against me.
我对人一旦失去了好感 就永远没有好感了
My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever.
噢 天哪 我不能取笑你了
Oh, dear. I cannot tease you about that.
真可惜 我很爱取笑人
What a shame, for I dearly love to laugh.
我想是家族传统吧
A family trait, I think.
班纳特太太 班纳特三小姐 班纳特四小姐
A Mrs Bennet, a Miss Bennet, a Miss Bennet
还有班纳特五小姐到 先生
and a Miss Bennet, sir.
乡下所有叫班纳特的都来我们家了?
Are we to receive every Bennet in the country?
你的屋子多可爱啊 先生
What an excellent room you have, sir.
家具都这么贵重
Such expensive furnishings.
我非常希望你能留在这 彬格莱先生
I do hope you intend to stay here, Mr Bingley.
当然 我觉得乡村非常的有趣 不是吗 达西?
Absolutely, I find the country very diverting. Don"t you agree, Darcy?
我觉得是够有趣的
I find it perfectly adequate.
虽说乡下碰不到像城里那么多形形色色的人
Even if society is a little less varied than in town.
碰不到? 没这回事
Less varied? Not at all.
就我所知 平常跟我们来往吃饭的
We dine with four and 20 families
就有足足二十四家 各色各样
of all shapes and sizes.
例如威廉·卢卡斯爵士就非常和蔼可亲
Sir William Lucas, for instance, is a very agreeable man.
比起某些爵位还不如他的人 他一点也不妄自尊大
And a good deal less self-important than some people half his rank.
彬格莱先生 你真的要在这举办舞会吗?
Mr Bingley, is it true you will hold a ball here?
舞会?
A ball?
那将是认识新朋友最好的方式 你可以邀请军人们
It would be an excellent way to meet new friends. You could invite the militia.
-噢 办个舞会吧! -吉蒂!
- Oh, do hold a ball! - Kitty!
等你姐姐复元了 由你随便定个日期就行
When your sister recovers, you shall name the day.
我想通过舞会结识新交有点不够理智
I think a ball is an irrational way to gain new acquaintance.
如果时兴聊天而不是跳舞那该多好
It would be better if conversation, not dancing, were the order of the day.
聊天确实理性得多 不过光聊天的话那还叫舞会么
Indeed, much more rational, but rather less like a ball.
谢谢 曼丽
Thank you, Mary.
这地方多么壮观多么大气啊 不是吗 亲爱的?
What a fine imposing place to be sure, is it not, my dears?
全郡再也找不到这么好的房子了
There"s no house to equal it in the county.
-达西先生 -班纳特小姐
- Mr Darcy. - Miss Bennet.
-她在那 -我对你感激不尽
- There she is. - I don"t know how to thank you.
如果觉得不舒服 尽管来找我好了
You"re welcome any time you feel the least bit poorly.
谢谢你有生气的陪伴 让我受益匪浅
Thank you for your stimulating company. Most instructive.
不客气 荣幸之至
Not at all. The pleasure is all mine.
-达西先生 -伊丽莎白小姐
- Mr Darcy. - Miss Elizabeth.
这时有个很长的鞭子 像母牛一样
And then there was one with great long lashes, like a cow.
叫希尔太太给我们做牛腩 伊丽莎白
Ask Mrs Hill to order us a sirloin, Betsy.
注意 只要一块 我们没钱
Just the one, mind. We"re not made of money.
我的好太太 希望你今天的午饭准备得丰盛一些
I hope, my dear, you"ve ordered a good dinner today.
恐怕今天有客人来
I"ve reason to expect an addition to our family party.
他就是柯林斯先生 那位可怕的堂哥
His name"s Mr Collins, the dreaded cousin.
-那个继承人吗? -是啊 继承所有家产
- Who is to inherit? - Everything.
连我的钢琴凳都是柯林斯先生的
Even my piano stool belongs to Mr Collins.
什么时候?
When?
只要他愿意 他随时能把我们撵出这所屋子
He may turn us out of the house as soon as he pleases.
我们家的产业不能留给我们这些可怜的女人
The estate passes directly to him
却要让别人来继承
and not to us poor females.
柯林斯先生 愿为你效劳
Mr Collins, at your service.
多漂亮的房间啊 多漂亮的土豆啊
What a superbly featured room and what excellent potatoes.
我好多年都没有吃到这样的蔬菜了
It"s many years since I"ve had such an exemplary vegetable.
是哪位堂妹的厨艺如此高超 令我称赞不已?
To which fair cousin should I compliment the excellence of the cooking?
我们还算过得去 还请得起厨子
We are perfectly able to keep a cook.
好极了
Excellent.
我非常高兴看到这份产业能供得起如此优越的生活
I"m very pleased the estate can afford such a living.
我三生有幸
I"m honoured to have
能有位像凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人那样的女资助人
as my patroness Lady Catherine de Bourgh.
我想你们已经听说她了吧?
You"ve heard of her, I presume?
我的小教区毗邻她的庄园
My small rectory abuts her estate,
罗新斯花园 她还常乘她的四轮小马车
Rosings Park, and she often condescends
拜访我的寒舍
to drive by my humble dwelling in her little phaeton and ponies.
她有亲人吗?
Does she have any family?
她有个女儿 将要继承罗新斯
One daughter, the heiress of Rosings
还能继承非常可观的一笔遗产呢
and very extensive property.
我常对凯瑟琳夫人说
I"ve often observed to Lady Catherine
她的女儿天生就是公爵夫人的命
that her daughter seemed born to be a duchess,
因为她的气质优雅尊贵
for she has all the superior graces of elevated rank.
这样巧妙的恭维 太太小姐们没有不乐意听的
These kind of compliments are always acceptable to the ladies,
我总觉得我应该在这方面特别留意
and which I conceive myself particularly bound to pay.
真为你高兴 柯林斯先生
How happy for you, Mr Collins,
你能有这种才能 能够非常巧妙的捧人家的场
to possess the talent for flattering with such delicacy.
你这种讨人喜欢的奉承话 是灵机一动呢
Do these attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment
还是老早想好了的?
or are they the result of previous study?
大半是应景之作
They arise from what is passing at the time.
不过有时候我也预先想好一些很好的小恭维话
And though I do sometimes amuse myself
平常有机会就拿来应用
with arranging such little compliments,
而且临时说的时候总是要装得自然而然
I always wish to give them as unstudied an air as possible.
相信我 没人想得到你的礼貌竟然是排练过的
Oh, believe me, no one would suspect your manners to be rehearsed.
我想晚饭后可以给大家读一到两个小时的书
After dinner, I thought I might read to you for an hour or two.
我随身带着《讲道集》
I have with me Fordyce"s Sermons
这是本关于行为道德的善辩集
which speak very eloquently on all matters moral.
你读过《讲道集》吗 班纳特小姐?
Are you familiar with Fordyce"s Sermons, Miss Bennet?
班纳特太太 承蒙凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人的厚爱
Mrs Bennet, I have been bestowed by the good grace of Lady Catherine de Bourgh
提拔我担任教区牧师的职位
a parsonage of no mean size.
我已经知道了
I have become aware of the fact.
我真心希望能尽快给我的牧师住宅找到一位女主人
It is my avowed hope that soon I may find a mistress for it.
我得告诉你 班纳特大小姐
And I have to inform you that the eldest Miss Bennet
已经俘获了我的心
has captured my special attention.
噢 柯林斯先生
Oh, Mr Collins.
很不幸 我有责任提醒你一下
Unfortunately, it is incumbent upon me
班纳特大小姐很快就要订婚了
to hint that the eldest Miss Bennet is very soon to be engaged.
订婚
Engaged.
但是伊丽莎白小姐
But Miss Lizzie,
无论是年纪还是美貌 比大小姐都只差一步
next to her in age and beauty,
她定会是个不错的伴侣
would make anyone an excellent partner.
你赞同吗? 柯林斯先生?
Do not you agree? Mr Collins?
当然 当然
Indeed. Indeed.
一个非常好的备选
A very agreeable alternative.
柯林斯先生会让人对全天下的男人丧失信心
Mr Collins is a man who makes you despair at the entire sex.
对你确实是
Yours, I believe.
韦翰先生 你是多么十全十美阿
Oh, Mr Wickham, how perfect you are.
-他捡起我的手帕 -你是故意丢手帕的?
- He picked up my handkerchief. - Did you drop yours on purpose?
韦翰先生是位陆军中尉
Mr Wickham is a lieutenant.
一位丢了魂的陆军中尉
An enchanted lieutenant.
你要干什么 丽迪雅?
What are you up to, Liddy?
我们碰巧来挑丝带
We happened to be looking for ribbon.
白色的 为舞会准备的
White, for the ball.
我们能一起挑挑丝带吗?
Shall we all look for some ribbon together?
下午好 詹姆斯先生
Good afternoon, Mr James.
丽迪雅小姐 班纳特小姐
Miss Lydia, Miss Bennet.
我不该来的
I shan"t even browse.
不能指望我 我对丝带毫无鉴赏力
I can"t be trusted. I have poor taste in ribbons.
只有真正自信的人才会承认这一点
Only a truly confident man would admit that.
不 我说真的
No, it"s true.
还有皮带扣 对于皮带扣 我也一窍不通
And buckles. When it comes to buckles, I"m lost.
-军团一定以你为耻 -不 是把我当成笑柄
- You must be the shame of the regiment. - The laughing stock.
你的上级怎么对你呢?
What do your superiors do with you?
无视我 我几乎毫无价值 所以无视我就很容易
Ignore me. I"m of next to no importance, so it"s easily done.
伊丽莎白 借我点钱
Lizzie, lend me some money.
你欠我的还没还呢
You already owe me a fortune.
请允许我帮个小忙
Allow me to oblige.
不 韦翰先生 不要...
No, Mr Wickham, please...
我坚持
I insist.
-我真同情那个法国人 -我也是
- I pity the French. - So do l.
-瞧 彬格莱先生 -彬格莱先生!
- Look, Mr Bingley. - Mr Bingley!
我正准备去你们家
I was just on my way to your house.
你喜欢我特地为你的舞会准备的丝带吗?
How do you like my ribbons for your ball?
非常漂亮
Very beautiful.
确实 瞧 她是那么的光彩照人
She is. Look, she"s blooming.
丽迪雅
Oh, Lydia.
一定要邀请韦翰先生 他是个诚实可靠的人
Be sure to invite Mr Wickham. He is a credit to his profession.
你不能邀请人去别人的舞会
You can"t invite people to other people"s balls.
当然 你一定要来 韦翰先生
Of course, you must come, Mr Wickham.
失陪了 小姐们 祝你们过得愉快
If you"ll excuse me, ladies, enjoy the day.
你打算去尼日斐的舞会吗 韦翰先生?
Do you plan to go to the Netherfield ball, Mr Wickham?
也许会去 达西先生在这里做客多久了?
Perhaps. How long has Mr Darcy been a guest there?
大概1个月了
About a month.
请原谅我的冒昧 你和达西先生很熟吗?
Forgive me, but are you acquainted with him, with Mr Darcy?
实际上 我从小就和他家里有特别的关系
Indeed, I"ve been connected with his family since infancy.
你一定很惊讶 下午我们见面时那冷冰冰的样子
You may well be surprised, given our cold greeting this afternoon.
你既然有意在麦里屯发展 希望你不要
I hope your plans in favour of Meryton will not be affected
因为你和这位绅士的关系而影响你原来的计划
by your relations with the gentleman.
我才不会让达西先生赶走呢
It is not for me to be driven away.
要是他不愿意看到我 那该走的是他 而不是我
If he wishes to avoid seeing me, he must go, not l.
我一定要问问 达西先生的什么行为让你如此不快
I must ask, what is the manner of your disapproval of Mr Darcy?
我父亲是他家的管家
My father managed his estate.
达西和我从小一起长大
We grew up together, Darcy and I.
他的父亲对待我就好像亲儿子一样
His father treated me like a second son,
像疼爱儿子一样的疼爱我
loved me like a son.
他父亲去世的那天 我们一起
We were both with him the day he died.
守在他的床前到最后一刻
With his last breath,
他父亲的遗嘱上说明把教区牧师职位给我
his father bequeathed me the rectory in his estate.
他早就知道我一心想加入教会
He knew I had my heart set on joining the Church.
但是达西无视他父亲的遗愿
But Darcy ignored his wishes
把那个牧师职位给了别人
and gave the living to another man.
-但为什么呢? -嫉妒
- But why? - Jealousy.
他的父亲...
His father...
唔 他的父亲疼爱我甚过他 达西无法容忍
Well, he loved me better and Darcy couldn"t stand it.
多么残酷阿
How cruel.
所以到现在我还是个一贫如洗的士兵
So now I"m a poor foot-soldier.
低微得引不起任何人的注意
Too lowly even to be noticed.
-摒住呼吸 -我不行了 你弄疼我了
- Breathe in! - I can"t anymore. You"re hurting.
伊丽莎白
Betsy.
伊丽莎白!
Betsy!
那一定是个误会
There must"ve been a misunderstanding.
吉英 你从来都不把人往坏处想
Jane, you never think ill of anybody.
达西先生怎么会做出那样的事情?
How could Mr Darcy do such a thing?
今天晚上我就问问彬格莱先生事情的真相
I will discover the truth from Mr Bingley this evening.
让达西先生自己来辩驳
Let Mr Darcy contradict it himself.
除非他解释得通 不然我但愿永远不再见到他
Till he does, I hope never to encounter him.
可怜 不幸的 韦翰先生
Poor, unfortunate, Mr Wickham.
韦翰比达西更像男子汉
Wickham is twice the man Darcy is.
但愿他也是个更乐于跳舞的人
And, let us hope, a rather more willing dancer.
他们在那 瞧
There they are, look.
-噢 是的 -比利
- Oh, yes. - Billy.
吉英 马丁在这里
Jane, Martin is here.
能再次见到你真是无比的荣幸
May I say what an immense pleasure it is to see you again.
-班纳特太太 -彬格莱小姐
- Mrs Bennet. - Miss Bingley.
真迷人
Charming.
我很高兴你能来
I"m so pleased you"re here.
我也是
So am I.
你还好吗? 伊丽莎白小姐? 你在找人吗?
And how are you? Miss Elizabeth? Are you looking for someone?
不 不是 我只是惊叹这里如此光彩壮丽
No, not at all, I was just admiring the general splendour.
-令人叹为观止 彬格莱先生 -太好了
- It is breathtaking, Mr Bingley. - Good.
你也许已经和彬格莱先生打趣过了
You might have passed a few pleasantries with Mr Bingley.
我一生从没见过这么令人愉快的绅士
I"ve never met a more pleasant gentleman in all my years.
你看到他多么喜爱她吗?
Did you see how he dotes on her?
亲爱的吉英 总是为家人打算
Dear Jane, always doing what"s best for her family.
-夏洛特! -伊丽莎白!
- Charlotte! - Lizzie!
你有看到韦翰先生吗?
Have you seen Mr Wickham?
没有 可能他来过这
No. Perhaps he"s through here.
伊丽莎白 韦翰先生不在这
Lizzie, Mr Wickham is not here.
显然 他被事情耽误了
Apparently, he"s been detained.
在哪耽误? 他一定在这
Detained where? He must be here.
-你在这啊 -柯林斯先生
- There you are. - Mr Collins.
你能赏脸和我跳舞吗? 伊丽莎白小姐
Perhaps you will do me the honour, Miss Elizabeth.
噢 我没想到你会跳舞 柯林斯先生
Oh, I did not think you danced, Mr Collins.
我认为这和牧师的职责不相违背
I do not think it incompatible with the office of a clergyman.
相反 有些人 包括贵妇人们在内都称赞
Several people, her Ladyship included, have complimented me
我轻盈的舞步呢
on my lightness of foot.
显然 你的韦翰先生有事上城里去了
Apparently, your Mr Wickham has been called on some business to town.
跳舞对我来说影响不大 但是...
Dancing is of little consequence to me, but it does...
它为慷慨给予了机会...
...but it does afford the opportunity to lavish...
...取决于舞伴的注意力...
... upon one"s partner attentions...
有人告诉我...
My informer tells me...
韦翰先生要不是为了要回避这儿的某一位先生
that he would be less inclined to be engaged, were it not for...
决不会这么凑巧 偏偏这个时候因事缺席
...the presence of a certain gentleman.
谁是我的第一舞伴
Which is my primary object.
不用说也知道那位绅士是谁
That gentleman barely warrants the name.
请恕我冒昧 我是有意为之
It is my intention, if I may be so bold,
整晚与你保持亲密
to remain close to you throughout the evening.
我能和你跳下一支舞吗? 伊丽莎白小姐
May I have the next dance, Miss Elizabeth?
可以
You may.
我居然同意和达西先生跳舞了?
Did I agree to dance with Mr Darcy?
你将来一定会发觉他很讨人喜欢的
I dare say you will find him amiable.
那一定非常难 因为我发誓一辈子讨厌他
It would be most inconvenient since I"ve sworn to loathe him for all eternity.
-我爱这支舞曲 -确实 非常令人鼓舞
- I love this dance. - Indeed. Most invigorating.
现在该轮到你说点什么啦 达西先生
It is your turn to say something, Mr Darcy.
我既然谈了舞曲
I talked about the dance.
你就得谈谈舞池的大小以及有多少舞伴之类的问题
Now you ought to remark on the size of the room or the number of couples.
乐意遵命 你最想听什么?
I"m perfectly happy to oblige. What would you like most to hear?
这个回答眼前也说得过去了
That reply will do for present.
待一会我或许会谈到
Perhaps by and by I may observe
私人舞会比公共场所的舞会更好
that private balls are much pleasanter than public ones.
不过 我们现在可以不必作声了
For now, we may remain silent.
那么说 你跳起舞来照例总得要谈上几句吗?
Do you talk as a rule while dancing?
不 不 我更喜欢不爱交际和沉默
No. No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn.
这样会让别人更愉快 你不觉得吗?
Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don"t you think?
告诉我 你和你的姐妹们经常上麦里屯溜达吗?
Tell me, do you and your sisters very often walk to Meryton?
是的 我们常常去
Yes, we often walk to Meryton.
那是结识新朋友的好机会
It"s a great opportunity to meet new people.
你那天在那儿碰到我们的时候
When you met us,
我们正在结交一个新朋友呢
we"d just had the pleasure of forming a new acquaintance.
韦翰先生生来满面春风 交起朋友来得心应手
Mr Wickham"s blessed with such happy manners, he"s sure of making friends.
至于他是不是能和朋友们长久相处 那就未必了
Whether he"s capable of retaining them is less so.
他真不幸 竟失去了您的友谊 不可挽回了吗?
He"s been so unfortunate as to lose your friendship. That is irreversible?
是的 你问我这些话用意何在?
It is. Why do you ask such a question?
只不过为了要了解了解你的性格罢了
To make out your character.
那么你究竟弄明白了没有?
What have you discovered?
我一点儿也弄不明白
Very little.
我听到人家对于你的看法并不一致
I hear such different accounts of you
叫我不知道相信谁的话才好
as puzzle me exceedingly.
我希望将来我能让你对我有更清晰的认识
I hope to afford you more clarity in the future.
那是彭伯里庄园的达西先生吗?
Is that Mr Darcy of Pemberley?
我想是的
I believe so.
我一定要向达西先生自我介绍
I must make myself known to him.
他是我的女资助人凯瑟琳夫人的侄儿
He"s a nephew of my patroness, Lady Catherine.
他会认为那是很冒失的行为
He will consider it an impertinence.
达西先生
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
Mr Darcy.
达西先生 晚上好...
Mr Darcy. Good evening...
你的亲戚多么有趣啊
What interesting relatives you have.
曼丽 亲爱的 你使我们开心得够久啦
Mary, dear, you"ve delighted us long enough.
留点时间给别的小姐们表演表演吧
Let the other young ladies have a turn.
...当我还是孩子的时候 她就去世了
...since I was a child, and then she died.
我有漂亮的灰色
I have a beautiful grey.
当然 卡罗琳的马术比我好 绝对
Of course, Caroline"s a much better rider than l, of course.
噢 是的 我们热切期盼着这门好处多多的婚事
Oh, yes. We fully expect a most advantageous marriage.
如果我的吉英能攀得这么称心如意的姻缘
And my Jane, marrying so grand,
那么 她的妹妹们也就有希望碰上别的阔少
must throw her sisters in the way.
显然我们家像是约定今天晚上到这儿来尽量出丑的
Clearly my family are seeing who can expose themselves to the most ridicule.
-至少 彬格莱先生没有注意到 -没有
- At least Bingley has not noticed. - No.
-我想他真的很喜欢她 -但是她喜欢他吗?
- I think he likes her very much. - But does she like him?
几乎没有人能够不仰赖适当的鼓励而陷入爱河
Few of us are secure enough to be in love without proper encouragement.
彬格莱非常喜欢她
Bingley likes her enormously,
但是可能以后不会了 如果她还不帮帮他
but might not do more if she does not help him on.
她只是害羞
She"s just shy.
如果他感觉不到她的关心 他一定是个傻瓜
If he cannot perceive her regard, he is a fool.
陷入爱河的人都是傻瓜
We are all fools in love.
他不像我们那么了解她的性格
He does not know her character as we do.
她应该尽快把他弄到手
She should move fast and snap him up.
我们以后有的是时间来了解他
There is plenty of time for us to get to know him afterwards.
我觉得有人会放出小猪来
I can"t help feeling that someone"s going to produce a piglet
让我们来追赶
and make us chase it.
-噢 亲爱的! -我很抱歉 先生
- Oh, dear! - I do apologise, sir.
我真的很抱歉 请原谅我
I"m awfully sorry. Do forgive me.
艾米莉 不要!
Emily, please!
曼丽 我亲爱的曼丽
Mary, my dear Mary.
噢亲爱的 噢亲爱的 噢亲爱的
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
-我整整一星期都在练 -我知道 亲爱的
- I"ve been practising all week. - I know, my dear.
我讨厌舞会
I hate balls.
班纳特老爷 醒醒
Mr Bennet, wake up.
噢 我从没玩得这么尽兴过
Oh, I"ve never had such a good time!
查尔斯 你不会是认真的吧
Charles, you cannot be serious.
班纳特先生 不出3个月我们就要办场婚事啦
We"ll have a wedding here in less than three months if you ask me, Mr Bennet.
班纳特老爷!
Mr Bennet!
曼丽 拜托
Mary, please.
谢谢 希尔先生
Thank you, Mr Hill.
班纳特太太 如果不麻烦的话
Mrs Bennet, I was hoping, if it would not trouble you,
能让我和伊丽莎白小姐单独谈谈吗
that I might solicit a private audience with Miss Elizabeth.
噢 当然可以 伊丽莎白会很乐意的
Oh, certainly, Lizzie would be very happy indeed.
大家都出去 柯林斯先生想和你们的姐姐单独谈谈
Everyone, out. Mr Collins would like a private audience with your sister.
等等 柯林斯先生没有什么不可告人的话
Wait, Mr Collins can have nothing
非要单独和我说的
to say to me that anybody need not hear.
我要你待在这儿别动 其他所有人都去客厅
I desire you will stay where you are. Everyone else to the drawing room.
-班纳特老爷 -但是...
- Mr Bennet. - But...
马上
Now.
-吉英 吉英 别...吉英! -吉英
- Jane. Jane, don"t... Jane! - Jane.
爸爸 留下
Papa, stay.
亲爱的伊丽莎白小姐
Dear Miss Elizabeth,
我对你的百般殷勤 已经表现得非常明显了
My attentions have been too marked to be mistaken.
几乎是当我走进这房子的那一刻
Almost as soon as I entered the house,
我就挑中你做我的终身伴侣
I singled you out as the companion of my future life.
趁我现在还控制得住我自己感情的时候
But before I am run away with my feelings,
先陈述一下我要结婚的理由
perhaps I may state my reasons for marrying.
第一 这是牧师的职责
Firstly, that it is the duty of a clergyman
给全教区树立一个婚姻的好榜样
to set the example of matrimony in his parish.
其次 我深信结婚会大大地增进我的幸福
Secondly, I am convinced it will add greatly to my happiness.
第三 我尊敬的女资助人
And thirdly, that it is at the urging
凯瑟琳夫人催促我
of my esteemed patroness, Lady Catherine,
挑选一个好太太
that I select a wife.
我来浪博恩的目的就是
My object in coming to Longbourn was to choose such a one
从班纳特先生的女儿中挑选一个做太太
from among Mr Bennet"s daughters,
因为我将要继承令尊的财产
for I am to inherit the estate
而像这样的结合一定...
and such an alliance will surely...
...会让每个人满意
...suit everyone.
现在我只能用最激动的语言
And now nothing remains but for me to assure you in the most animated language
把我最热烈的感情向你倾诉
of the violence of my affections.
柯林斯先生!
Mr Collins!
对于财产的有限 没有任何责备的意思
And no reproach on the subject of fortune
我们结婚以后 我决不会说一句小气话
will cross my lips once we"re married.
你忘了我根本没有回答你呢
You forget I have given no answer.
凯瑟琳夫人定会赞同这门婚事 只要我向她说说
Lady Catherine will thoroughly approve when I speak to her
你的淑静 节约以及其他种种可爱的优点
of your modesty, economy and other amiable qualities.
先生 你的求婚使我感到荣幸
Sir, I am honoured by your proposal,
可惜我除了谢绝别无他法
but I regret that I must decline it.
我知道 小姐们都会矜持推诿一下...
I know ladies don"t seek to seem too eager...
柯林斯先生 我的谢绝完全是认真的
Mr Collins, I am perfectly serious.
你不能使我幸福
You could not make me happy.
而且我也绝对不能使你幸福
And I"m the last woman in the world who could make you happy.
说句自不量力的话
I flatter myself
你的拒绝不过是女人家微妙的天性
that your refusal is merely a natural delicacy.
此外 尽管你有许多吸引人的地方
Besides, despite manifold attractions,
但恐怕也不会有别人会向你求婚了
it is by no means certain another offer of marriage will ever be made to you.
我就不得不认为
I must conclude
你这样是欲擒故纵 想要更加博得我的喜爱
that you simply seek to increase my love by suspense,
仿效一般高贵的女性的通例
according to the usual practice of elegant females.
我不是那种故意捉弄尊敬绅士的女性
I am not the sort of female to torment a respectable man.
请理解我 我不能接受你
Please understand me, I cannot accept you.
顽固的傻孩子
Headstrong, foolish child.
别担心 柯林斯先生 我们马上就能解决这一切
Don"t worry, Mr Collins. We"ll have this little hiccup dealt with immediately.
伊丽莎白 伊丽莎白!
Lizzie. Lizzie!
班纳特老爷 家里都闹翻天了!
Mr Bennet, we"re all in an uproar!
你得来劝劝伊丽莎白嫁给柯林斯先生
You must come and make Lizzie marry Mr Collins.
柯林斯先生已经向伊丽莎白求婚了
Mr Collins has proposed to Lizzie,
但是她发誓不要他 现在危险的是
but she vowed she will not have him, and now the danger is
柯林斯先生会不要伊丽莎白了
Mr Collins may not have Lizzie.
-我能做什么? -唔 过来和她谈谈
- What am I to do? - Well, come and talk to her.
马上!
Now!
告诉她 你非要她嫁给他不可
Tell her you insist they marry.
爸爸 不要
Papa, please.
你将拥有这栋房子 还能让妹妹们免于受穷
You will have this house and save your sisters from destitution.
我不能嫁给他
I can"t marry him.
现在就回去告诉他 你已经改变了心意
Go back now and say you"ve changed your mind.
-为你的家人想想 -你不能逼我
- Think of your family. - You cannot make me.
班纳特老爷 你倒是说点什么呀
Mr Bennet, say something.
你母亲坚持要你嫁给柯林斯先生
Your mother insists upon you marrying Mr Collins.
是的 否则我就再也不要见她了
Yes, or I shall never see her again.
从今天起 你不和父亲绝交 就要和母亲绝交
From this day onward, you must be a stranger to one of your parents.
当你父亲去世了 谁会养你?
Who will maintain you when your father is dead?
要是你不嫁给柯林斯先生
Your mother will never see you again
你的母亲就再不要见你了
if you do not marry Mr Collins,
如果你嫁给他 我就再不要见你了
and I will never see you again if you do.
谢谢 爸爸
Thank you, Papa.
忘恩负义的孩子! 我再也不理你了
Ungrateful child! I shall never speak to you again.
我现在都没什么兴致说话了
Not that I take much pleasure in talking.
象我这样神经脆弱的人
People who suffer as I do from nervous complaints
就没有多大的兴致说话
can have no pleasure in talking to anybody.
吉英!
Jane!
出什么事了? 吉英?
What"s the matter? Jane?
致:赫特福德郡浪博恩
吉英·班纳特小姐
我不明白是什么让他离开尼日斐花园
I don"t understand what would take him from Netherfield.
为什么他不知道什么时候会回来呢?
Why does he not know when he"ll return?
读读
Read it.
"达西先生迫不急待地要去看看他的妹妹
"Mr Darcy is impatient to see his sister
我们也几乎同样热切地希望和她重逢
and we are scarcely less eager.
我认为乔治安娜·达西无论在容貌
I do not think Georgiana Darcy has her equal for beauty,
举止还是才艺方面都无人能及
elegance and accomplishment.
希望她以后会做我的嫂嫂"
I hope to call her hereafter my sister."
说得还不够清楚吗?
Is that not clear enough?
卡罗琳看出她哥哥爱上你
Caroline sees her brother in love with you
就把他带走 想方设法去说服他
and has taken him off to persuade him otherwise.
但是我知道她不可能想骗谁就骗谁
But I know her to be incapable of wilfully deceiving anyone.
看上去他好像真的不爱我了
It"s more likely he does not love me.
他爱你 别放弃
He loves you. Do not give up.
去我们在伦敦的舅舅家
Go to our aunt and uncle"s in London,
让他知道你在那 我敢肯定他会来看你的
Let it be known you are there and I am sure he will come to you.
请将我的爱赐予我的姐姐
Give my love to my sister
让我的爱不要成为她的负担 亲爱的
and try not to be a burden, dear.
可怜的吉英
Poor Jane.
然而 女孩子总是喜欢被爱
Still, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.
这起码可以给她一些事情去思考
It gives her something to think of
也可以使她觉得与其它同伴不同
and a sort of distinction amongst her companions.
我相信那会令她振奋起来的 爸爸
I"m sure that will cheer her up, Papa.
现在轮到你了 伊丽莎白
It"s your turn now, Lizzie.
你已经拒绝了柯林斯
You"ve turned down Collins.
你现在是自由身了 自己成了甩别人的小姐了
You"re free to go off and be jilted yourself.
韦翰先生怎么样?
What about Mr Wickham?
他是一位不错的年轻人 相信也靠得住
He"s a pleasant fellow and he"d do the job credibly.
-父亲... -而且你有一个亲爱的母亲
- Father... - And you have an affectionate mother
她绝不会放弃这个机会的
who would make the most of it.
-夏洛特! -我亲爱的伊丽莎白
- Charlotte! - My dear Lizzie.
我来告诉你一个重要的消息
I"ve come here to tell you the news.
柯林斯先生和我...订婚了
Mr Collins and I are... engaged.
-订婚了? -是的
- Engaged? - Yes.
为了结婚的订婚?
To be married?
除此之外 还会有其他的类型的订婚么?
What other kind of engaged is there?
看在上天的份上 伊丽莎白 别那样看着我
For heaven"s sake, Lizzie, don"t look at me like that.
嫁给他和嫁给其他任何人对我来说都一样开心
I should be as happy with him as any other.
-但是他的人十分荒谬 -噢 不要这么说
- But he"s ridiculous. - Oh, hush.
并不是所有的人都能拥有浪漫
Not all of us can afford to be romantic.
他能给我一个舒适安全的家
I"ve been offered a comfortable home and protection.
值得我感激的已经够多了
There"s a lot to be thankful for.
我已经27岁了 我没有钱 也没什么前途
I"m 27 years old. I"ve no money and no prospects.
我已经成了父母的包袱了
I"m already a burden to my parents.
而且 我害怕了
And I"m frightened.
所以 请不要评判我 伊丽莎白 别评判我
So don"t judge me, Lizzie. Don"t you dare judge me.
亲爱的夏洛特 谢谢你的来信
Dear Charlotte, thank you for your letter.
很高兴你对你的房子 家具以及舍路都满意
I"m glad the house, furniture and roads are to your taste,
也高兴得知那位凯瑟琳女士对你友好和蔼
and that Lady Catherine"s behaviour is friendly and obliging.
你走了 吉英去了伦敦
What with your departure, Jane"s to London
有趣的韦翰先生随民兵团去了北方
and the militia to the North with the colourful Mr Wickham,
我必须承认 现在我眼前的景色变得有点灰暗了
I must confess, the view from where I sit has been rather grey.
至于你的请求 根本算不上是请求
As for the favour you ask, it is no favour at all.
我会非常高兴尽早来探望你
I would be happy to visit you at your earliest convenience.
欢迎光临寒舍
Welcome to our humble abode.
为了我的健康 我的妻子鼓励我花点时间在花园里面
My wife encourages me to spend time in the garden for my health.
我想我们的客人在旅途后已经感到疲惫了
I think our guest is tired after her journey.
我计划了很多改进的方案
I plan many improvements.
我打算要去掉一些大树桩然后在走道旁种上酸橙树
I intend to throw out a bough and plant a lime walk.
说句自不量力的话
I flatter myself
任何一个年轻女士都会
that any young lady would be happy
为能成为这座房子的主妇而感到高兴的
to be the mistress of such a house.
在这里没人打扰
We shan"t be disturbed here.
这间工作室是我专用的
This parlour is for my own particular use.
伊丽莎白 能打理自己的家真是件高兴的事情
Oh, Lizzie, it"s such a pleasure to run my own home.
-夏洛特 过来! -发生什么事了?
- Charlotte, come here! - What"s happened?
猪又跑了吗? 噢 是凯瑟琳夫人
Has the pig escaped again? Oh, it"s Lady Catherine.
过来看看 伊丽莎白
Come and see, Lizzie.
好消息
Great news.
凯瑟琳女士邀请我们去罗新斯花园
We received an invitation to Rosings from Lady Catherine.
实在太好了!
How wonderful!
千万不要为你的衣着担心
Do not make yourself uneasy about your apparel.
穿上你带来的最好的衣服就行了
Just put on the best you"ve brought.
凯瑟琳夫人从来都不会嫌弃简陋
Lady Catherine"s never been averse to the truly humble.
全欧洲最非凡的景色之一
One of the most extraordinary sights in all of Europe.
光是玻璃窗就花了两万英镑
The glazing alone costs upwards of £20,000.
跟着来 跟紧
Come along. Come along.
晚点我们会玩扑克牌
A little later we"ll play cards.
尊贵的夫人
Your Ladyship.
德·包尔小姐
Miss de Bourgh.
那么 你是伊丽莎白·班纳特?
So, you are Elizabeth Bennet?
是的 尊贵的夫人
I am, your Ladyship.
这是我的女儿
This is my daughter.
感谢你邀请我们一同进餐
It"s kind of you to ask us to dine.
单这地毯就起码要300英镑
The rug alone cost upwards of £300.
达西先生
Mr Darcy.
你怎么会在这里?
What are you doing here?
达西先生 没想到会有幸遇到你
Mr Darcy, I had no idea we had the honour.
伊丽莎白小姐 我是来这做客的
Miss Elizabeth, I"m a guest here.
你认识我的侄子?
You know my nephew?
是的 在赫特福德郡 我有幸遇见你的侄子
I had the pleasure of meeting your nephew in Hertfordshire.
我是费茨威廉上校 你好
Colonel Fitzwilliam. How do you do?
柯林斯先生 你不能坐在你妻子的旁边
Mr Collins, you can"t sit next to your wife.
换个位置 到那边去
Move. Over there.
哈维 我想你能不能给我那道鱼的菜...
Harvey, I wonder, could you get me the fish course...
我想你们一家身体都健康吧 伊丽莎白小姐?
I trust your family is in good health, Miss Elizabeth?
是的 谢谢
They are, thank you.
我大姐在伦敦 可能你在那里见过她了
My eldest sister is in London. Perhaps you saw her there.
我还未有幸能...
I haven"t been fortunate enough...
你会弹钢琴吗 班纳特小姐?
Do you play the pianoforte, Miss Bennet?
只会一点点 夫人 弹得不怎么样
A little, ma"am, and very poorly.
你会绘画吗?
Do you draw?
不 一点都不会
No, not at all.
你的姐妹呢? 她们会绘画吗?
Your sisters, do they draw?
没有一个会
Not one.
这倒很稀奇
That"s very strange.
我猜你们是没机会学吧
I suppose you had no opportunity.
你们的母亲应该带你们去城里面投名师才对
Your mother should"ve taken you to town for the benefit of the masters.
我母亲是不会反对 可是我父亲讨厌城里
My mother wouldn"t have minded, but my father hates town.
你们的女家庭教师走了吗?
Has your governess left you?
我们从来没有请过女家庭教师
We never had a governess.
没有女家庭教师?
No governess?
家里教养着五个女儿 却不请个女教庭教师?
Five daughters brought up at home without a governess?
我简直闻所未闻
I never heard such a thing.
你母亲亲自教育你们 一定累得如同奴隶一般
Your mother must"ve been a slave to your education.
凯瑟琳夫人 事实并非如此
Not at all, Lady Catherine.
你的妹妹们有没有哪一个已经出来参加社交了?
Your younger sisters, are they out in society?
-有 太太 全都出来社交了 -全部?
- Yes, ma"am, all. - All?
什么 五个姐妹同时出来社交? 真奇怪
What, all five out at once? That"s very odd.
你排行第二
And you second.
姐姐还没嫁人 妹妹就出来社交?
The younger ones out before the elders are married?
你妹妹们一定还很小吧
Your youngest sisters must be very young.
是的 最小的还没到16岁
Yes, my youngest is not 16.
如果年少的妹妹因为年长的姐姐
But it would be hard on younger sisters
没有结婚而不能进行社交活动
not to have their amusement because the elder is still unmarried.
这一点都不会增进姐妹感情
It would hardly encourage sisterly affection.
真想不到 你这么年轻 倒挺有主见啊
Upon my word, you give your opinion very decidedly for so young a person.
请问 你几岁啦?
Pray, what is your age?
我已经有了三个成人的妹妹
With three younger sisters grown up,
你老人家总不会再要我招出年纪来吧
you can hardly expect me to own to it.
过来 班纳特小姐 为我们弹奏一曲
Come, Miss Bennet, and play for us.
-不 请饶了我吧 -音乐会使我高兴
- No, I beg you. - For music is my delight.
实际上目前在英国 没有几个人能像我一样
In fact, there are few people in England
真正欣赏音乐
who have more true enjoyment of music.
也没有人比我趣味更高
Or better natural taste.
我要是学了音乐 一定会成为一个名家
If I had ever learnt, I should"ve been a great proficient.
安娜要是身体好 也一定会成为一个名家的
So would Anne, if her health would"ve allowed her.
我不是假装谦虚 当我说我差的时候...
I"m not afflicted with false modesty, when I say I play poorly...
过来 伊丽莎白 尊贵的夫人要你弹
Come, Lizzie, her Ladyship demands it.
乔治安娜现在学得怎么样啦 达西?
How does Georgiana get along, Darcy?
-她弹得非常好 -我希望她有常练习
- She plays very well. - I hope she practises.
卓越的技能无一例外需要持久的练习
No excellence can be acquired without constant practice.
我对柯林斯夫人说过
I"ve told Mrs Collins this.
虽然你没有琴 也十分欢迎你来罗新斯花园
Though you have no instrument, you"re welcome to come to Rosings
在管家的房间里面弹钢琴
and play on the pianoforte in the housekeeper"s room.
你在那里不会妨碍任何人
You"ll be in nobody"s way in that part of the house.
你这样走过来听 莫不是想吓唬我?
You mean to frighten me by coming in all your state to hear me.
尽管你妹妹的确演奏得很好 我也不怕
But I won"t be alarmed, even if your sister does play so well.
就算想吓唬你 我知道是没法如愿的
I know that I cannot alarm you even should I wish it.
我的朋友在赫特福德郡表现得怎么样?
What was my friend like in Hertfordshire?
你真的想知道?
You really care to know?
我先得请你不要害怕
Prepare yourself for something very dreadful.
当我第一次见到他时 他不和任何人跳舞
The first time I saw him, he danced with nobody,
尽管男客很少
though gentlemen were scarce
当时在场的不少女客没有舞伴而闲坐一旁
and there was more than one lady without a partner.
当时舞会上除了自己人 我谁都不认识
I knew nobody beyond my own party.
舞会里是不兴请人介绍女伴的
Nobody can be introduced at a ball.
费茨威廉 过来
Fitzwilliam, I need you.
我没有那种本领
I do not have the talent
能跟新认识的人也谈笑风生
of conversing easily with people I have never met before.
也许你应该听从你姑妈的意见多练习
Perhaps you should take your aunt"s advice and practise.
亲爱的吉英...
Dear Jane...
达西先生
Mr Darcy.
请 请坐
Please, do be seated.
柯林斯夫妇到村里去了
Mr and Mrs Collins have gone to the village.
这是座迷人的房子
This is a charming house.
我相信柯林斯先生初到这的时候
I believe my aunt did a great deal to it
凯瑟琳夫人一定在这上面费了好大一番心思吧
when Mr Collins first arrived.
我相信她的确费了一番心思
I believe so.
她的好心并没有白费
She could not have bestowed her kindness
因为没人能比柯林斯先生更感恩戴德了
on a more grateful subject.
-需要为你叫一杯茶么? -不用了 谢谢
- Shall I call for some tea? - No, thank you.
祝你愉快 伊丽莎白小姐 与你聊天很愉快
Good day, Miss Elizabeth, it"s been a pleasure.
你对可怜的达西先生到底做了什么啊?
What on earth have you done to poor Mr Darcy?
我一点头绪都没有
I have no idea.
每个灵魂都需要安抚者
Every mind must have some counsellor
在悲痛中能安抚你
to whom it may apply for consolation in distress.
还有其他很多便利是别人能给予
There are many conveniences which others can supply
但是我们无法提供的
and we cannot procure.
以我的观点看来 那些便利
I have in view those objects
是需要通过交流来获得的...
which are only to be obtained through intercourse...
请原谅 从友谊和礼节上的交流
Forgive me, through the intercourse of friendship or civility.
在那种情况下 骄傲的人主动与你接触
On such occasions, the proud man steps forth to meet you
不是出于他的诚恳
not with cordiality,
而是出于一个像对敌人般的怀疑...
but with the suspicion of one who reconnoitres an enemy...
-你打算住多久 -达西住多久我就住多久
- How long do you plan to stay? - As long as Darcy chooses.
-我得听他调遣 -看起来每个人都是如此
- I am at his disposal. - Everyone appears to be.
我不懂他为什么不还不结婚
I wonder he does not marry
结了婚不就可以有个人一辈子听他摆布了吗?
and secure a lasting convenience of that kind.
能成为达西太太 是件幸运的事
She would be a lucky woman.
真的吗?
Really?
达西是一个对同伴最忠诚的人
Darcy is a most loyal companion.
他最近才拯救了他的一个朋友
He recently came to the rescue of one of his friends.
发生了什么事?
What happened?
他把他的朋友从一门鲁莽的婚事中拯救出来
He saved him from an imprudent marriage.
那个人是谁?
Who"s the man?
他最亲近的朋友 查尔斯·彬格莱
His closest friend, Charles Bingley.
达西先生有没有说 他为什么要管人家闲事?
Did Mr Darcy give a reason for this interference?
那位小姐有些条件不大够格
There were apparently strong objections to the lady.
什么条件? 不富裕?
What kind of objections? Her lack of fortune?
我想是她的家庭被认为是门不当户不对的
I think it was her family that was considered unsuitable.
所以他就去拆散他们?
So he separated them?
我想是的 我就知道这些
I believe so. I know nothing else.
伊丽莎白小姐
Miss Elizabeth.
我实在没有办法撑下去了
I have struggled in vain and can bear it no longer.
这几个月对于我来说是一种折磨
These past months have been a torment.
我来罗新斯只是为了见你
I came to Rosings only to see you.
理智的想法和家族的期望阻挠着我
I have fought against judgement, my family"s expectation,
你卑微的出身和我爵位的悬殊也令我迟疑不决
the inferiority of your birth, my rank.
但我要把这一切统统抛开 请你终结我的痛苦
I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony.
-我不明白你在说什么 -我爱你
- I don"t understand. - I love you.
最真挚的爱
Most ardently.
请赐予我荣幸 接受我的手吧
Please do me the honour of accepting my hand.
先生 我感激你的挣扎
Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through,
很抱歉引起你的痛苦
and I am very sorry to have caused you pain.
我完全是无心的
It was unconsciously done.
-这就是你的回复? -是的 先生
- Is this your reply? - Yes, sir.
-你是在嘲笑我吗? -不
- Are you laughing at me? - No.
你是在拒绝我?
Are you rejecting me?
我确信 你心中阶级的门槛会帮助你克服痛苦
I"m sure the feelings which hindered your regard will help you overcome it.
我能否问问 为什么我竟会遭受如此无礼的拒绝?
Might I ask why with so little civility I am thus repulsed?
那么我能否问问
I might enquire
为什么你说喜欢我是违背了你自己的理智?
why you told me you liked me against your better judgement?
若说我是无礼的
If I was uncivil,
那这就是我无礼的理由之一吧
then that is some excuse.
-但我还有别的理由 -什么理由?
- But you know I have other reasons. - What reasons?
一个毁了我最亲爱的姐姐幸福的人
Do you think anything might tempt me to accept the man who has ruined
怎么会打动我的心去爱他呢?
the happiness of a most beloved sister?
你能否认你拆散了一对相爱的恋人
Do you deny that you separated a young couple who loved each other,
让你的朋友被大家指责为朝三暮四
exposing your friend to censure for caprice
让我的姐姐被大家嘲笑为奢望空想
and my sister to derision for disappointed hopes,
让他们双方都受尽了痛苦?
involving them both in acute misery?
-我并不否认 -你怎么能做出这样的事情?
- I do not deny it. - How could you do it?
我认为你姐姐觉得他无关紧要
I believed your sister indifferent to him.
我觉得他的爱要比她更多
I realised his attachment was deeper than hers.
那是因为她害羞!
That"s because she"s shy!
我说服彬格莱认为 她的感觉并不强烈
Bingley was persuaded she didn"t feel strongly.
-那都是你说的 -我这样做是为了他好
- Because you suggested it. - For his own good.
我姐姐连对我都不吐露她的心声
My sister hardly shows her true feelings to me.
我想你是担心她是看上了他的钱吧?
I suppose his fortune had some bearing?
我无意使你姐姐难堪
I wouldn"t do your sister the dishonour.
-有迹象表明... -什么?
- It was suggested... - What was?
这门婚事明显是为了谋取利益的...
It was clear an advantageous marriage...
-我姐姐给你那种印象? -不!
- Did my sister give that impression? - No!
你姐姐没有 然而你的家人...
No. There was, however, your family...
你以为我们是为了攀高枝?
Our want of connection?
-不 比那更甚 -怎样更甚 先生?
- No, it was more than that. - How, sir?
你母亲 你妹妹们还有你父亲有失身份的表现
The lack of propriety shown by your mother, younger sisters and your father.
请原谅我 你和你姐姐当然没有
Forgive me. You and your sister I must exclude from this.
那韦翰先生又是怎么回事?
And what about Mr Wickham?
韦翰先生?
Mr Wickham?
你对他的所作所为 又能给出什么借口?
What excuse can you give for your behaviour?
你对他倒是十分关心
You take an eager interest.
他告诉了我他的不幸遭遇
He told me of his misfortunes.
-哦 他的确太不幸啦 -你毁了他
- Oh, they have been great. - You ruin his chances
现在还讥讽他
yet treat him with sarcasm.
这就是你对我的看法?
So this is your opinion of me?
谢谢 只怪我老老实实地
Thank you. Perhaps these offences
把我以前一误再误 迟疑不决的原因说了出来
might have been overlooked
所以伤害了你的自尊心
had not your pride been hurt
否则你也许就不会计较我得罪你的这些地方了
by my scruples about our relationship.
难道你指望我会为你那些微贱的亲戚而欢欣鼓舞吗?
I am to rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances?
这像是个绅士说的话吗?
And those are the words of a gentleman.
你十足狂妄自大 自私自利 看不起别人
Your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others
我早就想好了
made me realise
哪怕天下男人都死光了 我也不愿意嫁给你
you were the last man in the world I could ever marry.
请原谅 小姐 耽搁了你这么多时间
Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.
我是来给你这个的
I came to leave you this.
我不会再提起令你极度厌恶的感情
I shall not renew the sentiments which were so disgusting to you.
但请允许我把你对我的两个误会也说清楚
But if I may, I will address the two offences you have laid against me.
我父亲爱韦翰先生就像爱自己亲生儿子一样
My father loved Mr Wickham as a son.
父亲留给他一个富裕的生活
He left him a generous living.
但自从我父亲去世以后
But upon my father"s death,
韦翰先生就声称他无意去受圣职
Mr Wickham announced he had no intention of taking orders.
他要了等值的财产
He demanded the value of the living,
然后把他的身家在数周内全部挥霍豪赌输光了
which he"d gambled away within weeks.
然后他就写信给我要更多的钱 遭到我的断然拒绝
He then wrote, demanding more money, which I refused.
从那以后 与他的联系就完全中断了
After which, he severed all acquaintance.
去年夏天 他回来找我们
He came back to see us last summer,
表示对我妹妹强烈爱慕
and declared passionate love for my sister,
我妹妹竟被他打动了心 答应要跟他私奔
whom he tried to persuade to elope with him.
妹妹她将会继承三万英镑的遗产
She is to inherit £30, 000.
但他得知自己从中得不到一个便士时
When it was made clear he would never receive a penny of it,
他马上就消失了
he disappeared.
无须赘言 当时的乔治安娜何等失望
I will not attempt to convey the depth of Georgiana"s despair.
当时她才15岁
She was 15 years old.
至于另外一件事 关于你姐姐和彬格莱先生
As to the other matter, of your sister and Mr Bingley,
虽然我去干涉的动机不够充分
though the motives which governed me may appear insufficient,
但那是我作为他的朋友的一种义务
they were in the service of a friend.
伊丽莎白
Lizzie.
你还好么?
Are you all right?
我自己也不知道
I hardly know.
伊丽莎白 你现在能赶回来真是时候
Lizzie. How fortunate you have arrived.
你的舅舅和舅母把吉英从伦敦送回来了
Your aunt and uncle are here to deliver Jane from London.
-吉英怎样了? -她现在在客厅
- How is Jane? - She"s in the drawing room.
我已经完全忘却他了
I"m quite over him.
就算在街上和他擦肩而过 我都不会去注意
If he passed me in the street, I"d hardly notice.
伦敦充满了各种各样有趣的事物 这是真的
London is so diverting. It"s true.
那里有很多消遣
There"s so much to entertain.
在肯特郡 有什么消息啊?
What news from Kent?
没什么
Nothing.
起码没有什么可以让我消遣的
At least not much to entertain.
伊丽莎白 告诉妈妈!
Lizzie, tell Mama!
不要再小题大做了
Stop making such a fuss.
为什么费斯托太太不把我也邀请上?
Why didn"t she ask me as well?
因为我是个更好的同伴
Because I"m better company.
-怎么回事? -我更合适
- What"s the matter? - I"ve just as much right.
让我们都去吧
Let"s all go.
丽迪雅被邀请去与费斯托家一同去布莱顿
Lydia"s been invited to Brighton with the Forsters.
在海中沐浴将会使我更加美丽
Sea-bathing would set me up nicely.
我可以和军官们每晚一起共进晚餐
I shall dine with the officers every night.
爸爸 不要让她去
Papa, don"t let her go.
丽迪雅不到公共场所之类的地方去出一出丑
Lydia will never be easy
是决不肯罢休的
until she"s exposed herself in some public place.
她这次要去出丑
And we could never expect her to do it
既不必花家里的钱 又用不着家里麻烦
with so little inconvenience.
如果爸爸你不制止她
If you do not check her,
她会被挂上愚蠢的卖俏者的花名
she"ll be fixed as the silliest flirt
弄得我们全家都惹人笑话的
who ever made her family ridiculous.
吉蒂也会一如既往地有样学样
And Kitty will follow, as always.
伊丽莎白 如果不让她去 我们将不得安宁
Lizzie, we shall have no peace until she goes.
原来这才是你关心的?
Is that really all you care about?
费斯托上校是个有见识的人
Colonel Forster is a sensible man.
他不会让她闯出什么祸事来的
He will keep her out of any real mischief.
她太穷 谁也不会看中她
And she"s too poor to be an object of prey to anyone.
爸爸 但是这样做很危险
It"s dangerous.
我肯定军官们会找到更中意的对象
I am certain the officers will find women better worth their while.
我们但愿她去了布莱顿以后
Let us hope, in fact, that her stay in Brighton
能意识到自己有多么渺小
will teach her her own insignificance.
她再坏也坏不到哪里去
At any rate, she can hardly grow any worse.
如果她真不行的话 我们就把她一辈子关在家里
If she does, we"d be obliged to lock her up for the rest of her life.
伊丽莎白 我们希望你和我们一起去
Lizzie, you"re welcome to accompany us.
山顶区不同于布莱顿
The Peak District is not Brighton.
陆军军官都挺消瘦的 这可能会改变你的决定
Officers are thin on the ground which may influence your decision.
和我们一同去山区吧
Come to the Peak District with us,
伊丽莎白 去呼吸一下新鲜空气
Lizzie, and get some fresh air.
大自然的风光 人和山石岂可同日而语?
The glories of nature. What are men compared to rocks and mountains?
男人大多或傲慢或愚蠢
Men are either eaten up with arrogance or stupidity.
和蔼可亲的 必定又是没有主见
If they are amiable, they have no minds of their own.
注意你的言语 我亲爱的
Take care, my love.
你这句话充满了苦涩的味道
That savours strongly of bitterness.
在罗新斯的时候 我见到了达西先生
I saw Mr Darcy when I was at Rosings.
你为什么不告诉我?
Why did you not tell me?
他提到了彬格莱先生吗?
Did he mention Mr Bingley?
没有
No.
他一句也没提
No, he did not.
噢 人岂可与山石同日而语
Oh, what are men compared to rocks and mountains?
或者马车可以?
Or carriages that work?
我们现在具体是在那里?
Where exactly are we?
离彭伯里相当近
I think we are quite close to Pemberley.
-达西先生的家? -就是他
- Mr Darcy"s home? - That"s the fellow.
真是一个富饶的湖区 我真的很想去看看
Very well-stocked lake. I"ve a hankering to see it.
噢 不要 我们不要去
Oh, no, let"s not.
他太...
Well, he"s so...
我不打算去 因为他太...他太...
I"d rather not, he"s so... he"s so...
-他怎么了? -他太富有了
- So what? - So rich.
我的天 伊丽莎白 你还真是势利啊!
By heavens, Lizzie, what a snob you are!
因为达西先生富有就反感他
Objecting to Mr Darcy because of his wealth.
可怜的他一定很无奈
The poor man can"t help it.
他不会在那里的
He won"t be there anyway.
这些人从来都不会呆在家里的
These great men are never at home.
跟上
Keep up.
您的主人在家的日子多吗?
Is your master much at home?
并没有我所期盼的那么多
Not as much as I would wish.
但他绝对喜欢这里
He dearly loves it here.
要是你主人结了婚 你见到他的时候就会多些
If he should marry, you might see more of him.
他与他父亲真的很像
He"s a lot like his father.
我丈夫病了的时候 达西先生都忙不过来
When my husband was ill, Mr Darcy couldn"t do enough.
但他马上为我安排了仆人
He just organised the servants for me.
这就是他 达西先生
This is he, Mr Darcy.
英俊的面庞
A handsome face.
伊丽莎白 这像他么?
Lizzie, is it a true likeness?
这位年轻的小姐原来跟达西先生相熟?
Does the young lady know Mr Darcy?
不太熟
Only a little.
你不觉得他是位英俊的少爷吗 小姐?
Do you not think him a handsome man, miss?
是的 很英俊
Yes.
是的 我敢说他是英俊的
Yes, I dare say he is.
这是他的妹妹 乔治安娜小姐
This is his sister, Miss Georgiana.
她成天弹琴唱歌
She sings and plays all day long.
她现在在家么?
Is she at home?
伊丽莎白小姐
Miss Elizabeth.
-我以为你在伦敦 -不
- I thought you were in London. - No.
不 我不在伦敦
No, I"m not.
不在
No.
我们不会来的 要是知道...
We would not have come...
我提早一天回来了...
I came back a day early...
我与我的舅舅和舅母一起来的
I"m with my aunt and uncle.
你们的旅途愉快么?
And are you having a pleasant trip?
非常开心
Very pleasant.
-我们明天就去马特洛克 -明天?
- Tomorrow we go to Matlock. - Tomorrow?
你们是住在兰顿吗?
Are you staying at Lambton?
是的 在玫瑰花冠旅馆
Yes, at the Rose and Crown.
这样啊
Yes.
非常抱歉 闯入你的家
I"m so sorry to intrude.
舅舅他们说这是对游客开放的 我自己不清楚
They said the house was open for visitors. I had no idea.
-我可以送你回村庄去吗? -不用
- May I see you back to the village? - No.
-我非常喜欢徒步行走 -是的
- I"m very fond of walking. - Yes.
是的 我知道
Yes, I know.
再见 达西先生
Goodbye, Mr Darcy.
这边请 先生
This way, sir.
你真的不和我们一起吃饭吗?
Are you sure you wouldn"t like to join us?
我们刚才才见到达西先生
We"ve just met Mr Darcy.
你没有告诉过我们你曾经见过他
You didn"t tell us that you"d seen him.
他邀请我们与他明天一同吃顿便饭
He"s asked us to dine with him tomorrow.
他是一个很有礼貌的人 不是吗?
He was very civil, was he not?
-非常有礼貌 -他一点都不像你说的那样
- Very civil. - Not at all how you"d painted him.
和他吃饭?
To dine with him?
他说话的样子 让人感觉很愉快
There"s something pleasant about his mouth when he speaks.
你不介意这样会延误行程吧?
You don"t mind delaying our journey another day?
他特别点名要你去 见见他的妹妹
He particularly wants you to meet his sister.
他的妹妹
His sister.
伊丽莎白小姐!
Miss Elizabeth!
我的妹妹 乔治安娜
My sister, Miss Georgiana.
我哥哥给我讲了很多关于你的事情
My brother has told me so much about you,
-我觉得我们俩就像老朋友一样 -谢谢
- I feel as if we are friends already. - Thank you.
-钢琴真漂亮 -我哥哥给我的
- What a beautiful pianoforte. - My brother gave it to me.
-他不应该给我的 -当然应该给
- He shouldn"t have. - I should have.
-好吧 -她真容易被说服 不是么?
- Very well then. - Easily persuaded, is she not?
你哥哥曾不得不整晚听着我演奏糟糕的钢琴
He once had to put up with my playing.
-但他说你弹得非常好 -那是他的自欺
- He says you play so well. - Then he has perjured himself.
我是说"挺好的"
I said "quite well".
是"挺好的" 不是"非常好"
"Quite well" is not "very well".
这样我就满意了
I"m satisfied.
-嘉丁纳先生 你喜欢钓鱼吗 -非常喜欢
- Mr Gardiner, are you fond of fishing? - Very much.
今天下午你有兴趣陪我一起去湖边钓鱼吗?
Would you accompany me to the lake this afternoon?
湖边的居民已经离开很长一段时间了
Its occupants have been left in peace too long.
乐意之至
I would be delighted.
你会二重奏吗 伊丽莎白小姐?
Do you play duets, Miss Elizabeth?
-除非迫不得已 -哥哥 你可得要强迫她
- Only when forced. - Brother, you must force her.
钓鱼棒极了 很好的同伴 小伙子真不错
Splendid fishing, good company. What a capital fellow.
太感谢你了 达西先生
Thank you so much, Mr Darcy.
你的一封信 小姐
A letter for you, madam.
噢 是来自吉英的
Oh, it"s from Jane.
这真是最可怕不过的消息了
It is the most dreadful news.
丽迪雅逃走了...
Lydia has run away...
...和韦翰先生一起
...with Mr Wickham.
天知道他们去哪了
They are gone to Lord knows where.
她没钱没势 恐怕再也找不着她了
She has no money, no connections. I fear she is lost forever.
这是我的错
This is my fault.
当初我要是揭露韦翰的真面目就好了
If only I had exposed Wickham when I should.
不 这是我的错
No, this is my fault.
如果我当初告诉我妹妹 就可以阻止这一切的发生
I might have prevented all this by being open with my sisters.
有人去找她了吗?
Has anything been done to recover her?
我父亲去了伦敦 但我知道也于事无补
My father has gone to London, but I know nothing can be done.
我们实在不敢存一线希望
We have not the smallest hope.
希望我能帮你
Would I could help you.
先生 我想已经来不及了
Sir, I think it is too late.
这真令人伤心 我得离开了 告辞
This is grave indeed. I will leave you. Goodbye.
我们要马上启程
We must go at once.
在丽迪雅毁掉这个家以前
I will join Mr Bennet and find Lydia
我会去找班纳特先生 和他一同寻找丽迪雅
before she ruins the family.
费斯托夫妇怎么竟放心让她离开他们跟前呢?
Why did the Forsters let her out of their sight?
我一直觉得他们不适合照管她
I always said they were unfit to take charge of her.
现在 她已经被糟蹋了
And now she is ruined.
你们的声名都被玷污了
You are all ruined.
有这样一个堕落的妹妹 现在谁会要你们?
Who will take you now with a fallen sister?
可怜的班纳特先生不得不和背信弃义的韦翰决斗
Poor Mr Bennet will now have to fight the perfidious Wickham
他一定会被韦翰活活打死
and then be killed.
爸爸还没有找到他 妈妈
He hasn"t found him yet, Mama.
他尸骨未寒 柯林斯先生就会把我们撵出去
Mr Collins will turn us out before he is cold.
别那么惊慌 舅舅正在伦敦帮忙寻找着呢
Do not be so alarmed. Our uncle is in London helping in the search.
丽迪雅分明知道这样做对我的神经有多大损害
Lydia must know what this must be doing to my nerves.
我现在全身发抖 抽筋!
Such flutterings and spasms all over me!
我亲爱的宝贝丽迪雅 我的小宝宝!
My baby Lydia, my baby!
她怎么能对可怜的妈妈做出这种事情?
How could she do such a thing to her poor mama?
-你不能这样做! -别孩子气了
- You can"t do that! - Don"t be such a baby.
-吉蒂 给我 -这是给谁的?
- Kitty, give it to me. - Who"s it for?
地址上写的是给爸爸的
It"s addressed to Papa.
这是舅舅的笔迹
It"s in Uncle"s writing.
爸爸 有一封信
Papa, there"s a letter.
-先让我喘口气 -是舅舅的笔迹
- Let me catch my breath. - It"s in Uncle"s writing.
-他找到他们了 -他们结婚了么?
- He"s found them. - Are they married?
-我看不清他写什么 -给我
- I can"t make out his script. - Give it to me.
他们结婚了么?
Are they married?
如果父亲每年给她一百镑 他们就结婚
They will be if Father settles £100 a year on her.
这是他的条件
That is his condition.
-你会接受吗 父亲? -当然
- You will agree to this, Father? - Of course.
天知道你舅舅一定在那个卑鄙的人身上花了不少钱
God knows how much your uncle must"ve laid on that wretched man.
你是什么意思?
What do you mean?
没人会为了每年区区一百镑
No man would marry Lydia
去娶丽迪雅的
under so slight a temptation as £100 a year.
你舅舅肯定花了不少钱
Your uncle must"ve been very generous.
你说 总数会是一个大数目么?
Do you think it a large sum?
韦翰要是没拿到一万镑就答应娶丽迪雅
Wickham"s a fool
那他才是个大傻瓜呢
if he accepts less than £10,000.
-天地不容! -父亲!
- Heaven forbid! - Father!
丽迪雅结婚了 而且才15岁!
Lydia married and at 15 too!
去拉铃 吉蒂
Ring the bell, Kitty.
我要穿好衣服去告诉卢卡斯女士这个消息
I must put on my things and tell Lady Lucas.
噢 看看她会是什么表情
Oh, to see her face.
告诉仆人们 他们将会有一大碗桃子
Tell the servants they will have a bowl of punch.
-我们应该去感谢舅舅 -他应该帮忙的
- We should thank our uncle. - So he should help.
他比我们有钱得多 又没有孩子 女儿出嫁咯!
He"s far richer than us and has no children. Daughter married!
那就是你关心的?
Is that really all you think about?
当你有五个女儿的时候 你再告诉我你的想法
When you have five daughters, tell me what else will occupy your thoughts.
到那时 可能你就理解了
Then perhaps you"ll understand.
你根本连他是个什么人都不知道
You don"t know what he"s like.
-丽迪雅! -噢 妈妈!
- Lydia! - Oh, Mama!
我们与莎拉·辛的车擦肩而过
We passed Sarah Sims in her carriage.
我就脱下手套 好让她看到我的戒指
So I took off my glove so she might see the ring.
然后我弯腰大笑 就像...
Then I bowed and smiled like anything...
我相信她连你一半的风光都没有 我亲爱的
I"m sure she was not half as radiant as you, my dear.
你们一定得去去布莱顿
You must all go to Brighton.
那里才是个找丈夫的地方
That is the place to get husbands.
但愿你们有我一半好运就好啦
I hope you have half my good luck.
丽迪雅
Lydia.
我要知道每一个细节 丽迪雅 亲爱的
I want to hear every little detail, Lydia, dear.
我在北英格兰被应征入伍
I"ve been enlisted in a regiment in the North of England.
那真好
Glad to hear it.
在纽卡斯尔附近 我们下个星期就会去那里
Near Newcastle. We travel there next week.
-我能和你们一起去吗? -问都不要问
- Can I come and stay with you? - That is out of the question.
星期一到了 我还在大惊小怪
Monday morning came and I was in such a fuss.
我一点也不想听
I don"t want to hear.
舅母一直不住嘴地讲呀 说呀 好像是在传道似的
There was my aunt preaching away as if reading a sermon.
-她很不高兴 -你知道为什么吗?
- She was horrid unpleasant. - Can"t you understand why?
但我一个字都听不进
But I didn"t hear a word
因为我满脑子都在惦记我亲爱的韦翰
because I was thinking of my dear Wickham.
我一心想要知道 他会不会穿着那件蓝制服结婚
I longed to know if he"d be married in his blue-coat.
北英格兰 我相信那里会有很多壮观的景色的
The North of England, I believe, boasts some spectacular scenery.
所以我想 如果他不能回来
So I thought, who is to be our best man
谁来做我们的傧相呢?
if he doesn"t come back?
幸好 他回来了 否则我就请达西先生做傧相了
Lucky, he did, or I would"ve had to ask Mr Darcy.
-达西先生! -我怎么完全忘了!
- Mr Darcy! - I forgot!
这事我应该一字不提才对
But I shouldn"t have said a word.
达西先生在你的婚礼上?
Mr Darcy was at your wedding?
就是他找到我们的
He was the one that discovered us.
他给了婚礼的费用和韦翰在军队的委托金等所有费用
He paid for the wedding, Wickham"s commission, everything.
但是他告诉我要我保密
But he told me not to tell.
-达西先生? -不要这样 伊丽莎白
- Mr Darcy? - Stop it, Lizzie.
有时 达西先生还没你这么盛气凌人呢
Mr Darcy"s not half as high and mighty as you sometimes.
吉蒂 看过我的戒指了么?
Kitty, have you seen my ring?
多给我写写信吧 亲爱的
Write to me often, my dear.
结了婚的女人是没有什么工夫写信的
Married women never have much time for writing.
我相信你没有
I dare say you won"t.
当年我嫁给你爸爸的时候 时间根本不够用
When I married your father, there didn"t seem to be enough hours in the day.
姐姐们倒可以写信给我 反正她们也没事做
My sisters may write to me, for they"ll have nothing else to do.
同自己的孩子离别 真是再难受不过的事
There"s nothing so bad as parting with one"s children.
他们走了 我好像失去了归宿
One seems so forlorn without them.
-再见 -再见 丽迪雅 再见 韦翰先生
- Goodbye. - Goodbye, Lydia. Goodbye, Mr Wickham.
再见 吉蒂 再见 爸爸
Bye, Kitty. Bye, Papa.
真难想象这么多的墨水你爸爸以后怎么用得完
I can"t imagine what your father does with all that ink.
班纳特夫人
Mrs Bennet.
你听说了吗? 彬格莱先生要回尼日斐花园了
Did you hear the news, madam? Mr Bingley is returning to Netherfield.
尼可斯夫人订了猪肉 打算明天招待他
Mrs Nichols is ordering a haunch of pork. She expects him tomorrow.
明天?
Tomorrow?
我关心的不是他 彬格莱对我们来说算不了什么
Not that I care. Mr Bingley"s nothing to us.
我永远都不想再见到他 再也不
I"m sure I never want to see him again, no.
我们不应该提起这个事情 他确定要回来了吗?
We shan"t mention a word about it. Is it quite certain he"s coming?
是的 夫人 我想他是一个人来
Yes, madam. I believe he"s alone.
他的妹妹还在城里
His sister remains in town.
为什么他会认为我们有兴趣 我不知道
Why he thinks we should be interested, I"ve no idea.
跟我来 孩子们
Come along, girls.
我们最好现在马上回家告诉班纳特老爷
We better go home at once and tell Mr Bennet.
真是厚颜无耻 我在想他有没有胆量现身
The impudence of the man. I wonder he dare show his face.
没什么的 伊丽莎白
It"s all right, Lizzie.
他一个人来我真高兴
I"m just glad he"s alone
因为这样我们就可以少点见到他
because we shall see less of him.
我不是怕自己会怎么样 但我怕人们又要说三道四
Not that I"m afraid of myself. But I dread other people"s remarks.
噢 对不起
Oh, I"m sorry.
他到了 他到了 他就在门口
He"s here. He"s here. He"s at the door.
-彬格莱先生! -彬格莱先生?
- Mr Bingley! - Mr Bingley?
噢 我的天啊! 所有人都表现得自然点
Oh, my goodness! Everybody behave naturally.
无论怎样 都不要太傲慢
And whatever you do, do not appear overbearing.
还有一个人和他一起来
There"s someone with him.
叫什么先生 一个自负的人
Mr What is name, the pompous one.
达西先生? 这个傲慢的家伙
Mr Darcy? The insolence of it.
他在想什么 他来这里干什么?
What does he think of, coming here?
不要紧张 吉英 曼丽 把它拿开
Keep still, Jane. Mary, put that away at once.
做点有用的事情 帮帮忙
Find some useful employment.
天哪 我要保持冷静 要镇定 我一定要
Oh, my Lord, I shall have a seizure, I"m sure I shall.
吉蒂
Kitty.
这个不能放在这里
We can"t have this here.
曼丽 那些丝带 丝带
Mary, the ribbons, the ribbons.
曼丽 马上坐好 曼丽!
Mary, sit down at once. Mary!
达西先生和彬格莱先生到 夫人
Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley, ma"am.
真高兴能见到你 彬格莱先生
How glad we are to see you, Mr Bingley.
自从你走了以后 这一带发生了好多事情
There have been many changes since you went away.
卢卡斯小姐结婚了 有了归宿
Miss Lucas is married and settled.
我自己的一个女儿也出了嫁
And one of my own daughters too.
你可能在报纸上看到了吧
You will have seen it in the papers,
上面有消息 不过写得不成体统
though it was not put in as it ought to have been.
非常短 没有她家庭的介绍
Very short. Nothing about her family.
是的 我的确听说过 恭喜你们
Yes, I did hear of it. I offer my congratulations.
然而丽迪雅离开我身边 我又觉得难受
But it is very hard to have my Lydia taken away from me.
韦翰被调去纽卡斯尔
Mr Wickham has been transferred to Newcastle, wherever that is.
你会在乡下呆很长的时间么?
Will you stay long in the country?
只是几个星期 是来打猎的
Just a few weeks. For the shooting.
等你把你自己庄园里的鸟儿打完以后
When you"ve killed all your own birds,
请到班纳特老爷的庄园里来
I beg you will come here
你爱打多少就打多少
and shoot as many as you please.
我相信他一定非常乐意让你来
Mr Bennet will be vastly happy to oblige
而且会把最好的鹧鸪都留给你
and will save the best coveys for you.
太好了
Excellent.
-你好吗 达西先生? -非常好 谢谢
- Are you well, Mr Darcy? - Quite well, thank you.
我希望天气为你的捕猎保持晴朗
I hope the weather stays fine for your sport.
-我明天就回城了 -这么快?
- I return to town tomorrow. - So soon?
我的吉英看起来不错吧 不是吗?
My Jane looks well, does she not?
她的确看起来很好
She does indeed.
好了 我想我们要走了
Well, we must be going, I think.
达西 能再次见到你们 我们感到高兴
Darcy. It"s been very pleasant to see you all again.
伊丽莎白小姐 班纳特小姐
Miss Elizabeth. Miss Bennet.
你一定要再来
You must come again.
去年冬天 你答应要上我们这儿来吃顿便饭
Last winter, you promised to have a family dinner with us.
你要知道 我一直都把这事放在心上
I"ve not forgot, you see.
至少三道主菜呢
At least three courses.
请原谅
Excuse me.
非常奇怪
Most extraordinary.
我们当时走进去 然后她说 "请坐"
We were going to walk in and she was going to say, "Sit down."
所以 我觉得...
So, I feel...
噢 这真是一场灾难!
Oh, it"s a disaster, isn"t it?
这是...
It"s been...
-班纳特小姐 -彬格莱先生
- Miss Bennet. - Mr Bingley.
我要直接走进去 然后说出来
I"ll just go in and I"ll just say it.
好 正是要这样
Yes, exactly.
我很高兴我们结束了
I"m glad that"s over.
现在我们两个见面就像素不相识的两个人
Now we can meet as indifferent acquaintances.
哦 是哦
Oh, yes.
你可别以为我那么软弱 还会招来什么危险
You cannot think me so weak as to be in danger now.
我看你有极大的危险 会使他如痴如醉地爱你
You are in great danger of making him as much in love with you as ever.
真抱歉 他把达西先生也带来了
I"m sorry he came with Mr Darcy.
别那样说
Don"t say that.
为什么?
Why ever not?
吉英
Jane.
-我一直那么盲目 -你说的是什么意思?
- I"ve been so blind. - What do you mean?
看 是他 他回来了 他又来了
Look, it"s him. He"s back. He"s come again.
我知道这一切都很唐突
I know this is all very untoward,
但我希望能有与班纳特小姐交谈的机会
but I would like to request the privilege of speaking to Miss Bennet.
单独交谈
Alone.
所有人都立即去厨房
Everybody to the kitchen immediately.
当然除了你 吉英 我亲爱的
Except you, Jane, dear, of course.
噢 彬格莱先生 能这么快再见到你 真是太好了
Oh, Mr Bingley, it"s so good to see you again so soon.
首先 我要告诉你 我是一个最愚昧无知的蠢货
First, I must tell you I"ve been the most unmitigated and comprehensive ass.
吉蒂 安静点
Kitty, be quiet.
我答应你
Yes.
千千万万次答应你
A thousand times yes.
谢天谢地 我还以为这永远都不会发生
Thank the Lord for that. I thought it would never happen.
我相信他们在一起会幸福的
I am confident they will do well together.
他们的性格很相似
Their tempers are much alike.
他们那么好讲话 会被仆人们欺负的
They will be cheated assiduously by their servants.
他们都那么慷慨 到头来一定会入不敷出的
And be so generous with the rest, they will always exceed their income.
入不敷出? 他一年有五千英镑收入
Exceed their income? He has 5,000 a year.
我一向认为她不会白白生得这么美丽
I knew she did not be so beautiful for nothing.
"...要远离所有的违心
"...must be free from all insincerity.
她只能是设身处地去理解他人
She only can address herself effectually to the feelings of others
那些人因为情感得到了温暖 思想更为活跃
whose mind glows with the warmth of sensibility
因为有了信念而善于辩驳
and whose arguments result from conviction.
她一定感受到激情和情感的影响
She must feel the influence of those passions and emotions
她希望能因此激发灵感..."
which she wishes to inspire..."
你会因为太幸福而死去吗?
Can you die of happiness?
他说春天时完全不知道我也在城里
He was ignorant of my being in town in the spring.
他有没有说明是什么缘故?
How did he account for it?
他以为我不爱他
He thought me indifferent.
-深不可测啊 -一定是他妹妹说我坏话的
- Unfathomable. - No doubt poisoned by his sister.
精彩! 我生平只听到你讲这一句气量小的话
Bravo. That"s the most unforgiving speech you"ve ever made.
噢 伊丽莎白 但愿你也会同样的幸福
Oh, Lizzie, if I could but see you so happy.
但愿你也能找到这样一个人
If there was such a man for you.
说不定柯林斯还有个堂兄弟
Perhaps Mr Collins has a cousin.
-那是什么声音? -什么?
- What is that? - What?
也许他改变了主意
Maybe he"s changed his mind.
来啦!
Coming!
哪位?
Yes?
凯瑟琳夫人
Lady Catherine.
我想这些就是你其余的孩子们了?
The rest of your offspring, I presume?
还有一个不在 最小的女儿最近出嫁了
All but one. The youngest has been lately married, your Ladyship.
大女儿下午刚刚订婚
My eldest was proposed to only this afternoon.
你们这儿还有个小花园呢
You have a very small garden.
要不要给你倒杯茶?
Could I offer you a cup of tea?
不必了 我要和伊丽莎白·班纳特单独交谈一会
Absolutely not. I need to speak to Miss Elizabeth Bennet alone.
有件要紧的事情
As a matter of urgency.
你一定不会不知道我为什么来吧
You can be at no loss to understand why I am here.
我完全不明白怎么会当得起你亲自上门这份荣耀
I cannot account for this honour at all.
我警告你 我是决不肯让人家来跟我开玩笑的
I warn you, I am not to be trifled with.
我听到一个极其惊人的消息
A most alarming report has reached me.
你试图攀上我的侄儿达西先生
That you intend to be united with my nephew, Mr Darcy.
虽然我明知这是无稽之谈
I know this to be a falsehood.
虽然我不会那样看不起他
Though not wishing to
以为他真会看上你
injure him by supposing it possible,
我还是立即过来这里 向你表明我的态度
I instantly set off to make my sentiments known.
你既然认为不可能 又何必大老远跑来
If you believed it impossible, I wonder that you came so far.
我是想亲耳听到这则消息是假的
To hear it contradicted.
如果外界真有这种流言
Your coming will be a confirmation
那么你的来访只会令流言弄假成真
if such a report exists.
如果? 你假装对此事一无所知?
If? You pretend to be ignorant of it?
难道这不是你自己拼命传出去的吗?
Has it not been industriously circulated by yourself?
我从来没有听说过
I have never heard of it.
你能保证这次是空穴来风?
Can you declare there is no foundation for it?
我并不打算装得像你老人家一样坦白
I do not pretend to possess equal frankness with your Ladyship.
你可以问
You may ask a question
但我有权利选择回答或者不回答
which I may choose not to answer.
我的侄子究竟向你求过婚没有?
Has my nephew made you an offer of marriage?
你老人家自己刚刚还说过这绝不可能
Your Ladyship has declared it to be impossible.
达西先生早跟我的女儿订过婚了
Mr Darcy is engaged to my daughter.
好吧 你还有什么话要说?
Now what have you to say?
如果当真如此 那你就没有理由认为他会向我求婚
If that is the case, you cannot suppose he would make an offer to me.
你真是自私 这门婚事是从他们小时候就定下来的
You selfish girl. This union has been planned since their infancy.
你以为出身卑贱的你能够从中作梗?
Do you think it can be prevented by a young woman of inferior birth
何况你妹妹与人私奔
whose own sister"s elopement
靠舅舅出钱资助
resulted in a scandalously patched-up marriage
才勉强结成了一门可耻不堪的婚事
only achieved at the expense of your uncle.
我的上帝啊!
Heaven and Earth!
难道彭伯里就要这样被你们这些人玷污么?
Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?
爽爽快快告诉我 你究竟跟他订婚了没有?
Tell me once and for all, are you engaged to him?
没有
I am not.
你愿意答应我 永远不跟他订婚吗?
Will you promise never to enter into such an engagement?
我不会答应你 我当然永远不答应
I will not and I certainly never shall.
你把我侮辱得够了
You have insulted me in every possible way
我不想再讲了
and can now have nothing further to say.
你现在马上给我离开
I must ask you to leave immediately.
晚安
Goodnight.
我一辈子都没有被这样对待过!
I have never been thus treated in my entire life!
-发生什么事情了? -只是个小小的误会
- What is going on? - Just a small misunderstanding.
求求你们 让我一个人静一下!
For once in your life, leave me alone!
-我睡不着 -我也是 我姑妈...
- I couldn"t sleep. - Nor I. My aunt...
是的 她昨晚来过
Yes, she was here.
我真希望我可以为昨晚的事情做出补偿?
How can I ever make amends for such behaviour?
经过丽迪雅的事情后
After what you"ve done for Lydia
还有吉英的事情 我想做补偿的人应该是我
and, I suspect, for Jane, it is I who should be making amends.
你得知道
You must know.
你一定得知道 我做这一切都是为了你
Surely you must know it was all for you.
你是个爽快的人 绝不会开我的玩笑
You are too generous to trifle with me.
昨做你与我姑妈的谈话 倒让我觉得事情有了希望
You spoke with my aunt last night and it has taught me to hope
以前我几乎不敢奢望
as I"d scarcely allowed myself before.
请你老实告诉我 你的心情是否还和四月里一样
If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once.
我的心愿和情感依然如旧
My affections and wishes have not changed.
只要你说一句话 我便再也不提这桩事
But one word from you will silence me for ever.
如果 你的感觉有所改变的话...
If, however, your feelings have changed...
...我想告诉你
...I would have to tell you,
你把我的躯体和灵魂都占据了 我爱...
you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love...
我爱...我爱你
I love... I love you.
从今天起我不想与你分开
I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

Well, then.
你的手好冷
Your hands are cold.
请关门
Shut the door, please.
你疯了吗? 我以为你讨厌那个人
Lizzie, are you out of your senses? I thought you hated the man.
-不 爸爸 -他当然有的是钱 那是肯定的
- No, Papa. - He is rich, to be sure.
可以使你的马车比吉英的更加豪华
And you will have more fine carriages than Jane.
难道这就会使你幸福吗?
But will that make you happy?
你认为我对他并没有感情
Have you no other objection
除此以外 你还有别的反对意见吗?
than your belief in my indifference?
一点没有
None at all.
我们都知道他是傲慢而不易亲近的人
We all know him to be a proud, unpleasant sort of fellow.
不过 只要你真正喜欢他 这也无关紧要
But this would be nothing if you liked him.
我真的喜欢他
I do like him.
我爱他
I love him.
他不傲慢. 我是错的
He"s not proud. I was wrong.
我以前对他的看法是完全错的
I was entirely wrong about him.
你不了解他 爸爸 如果我告诉你他真正的一面
You don"t know him, Papa. If I told you what he was really like,
他做的事情...
what he"s done...
他做了什么?
What has he done?
但她不喜欢他 我以为她不喜欢他
But she doesn"t like him. I thought she didn"t like him.
我也是这样想 我们以前都这样认为的
So did I. So did we all.
我们都错了
We must have been wrong.
这也不是第一次吧?
It won"t be the first time, will it?
不 我敢说 也不会是最后一次
No, nor the last, I dare say.
我的天
Good Lord.
-我必须要偿还他 -不
- I must pay him back. - No.
你不能告诉其他人 他不希望那样
You mustn"t tell anyone. He wouldn"t want it.
我们误解他了 爸爸
We misjudged him, Papa.
我对他的误解比你们都深 都深
Me more than anyone. In every way.
并不只是这件事
Not just in this matter.
我真是愚昧无知
I"ve been nonsensical.
但在吉英的事情上 他就像个蠢蛋一样
But he"s been a fool about Jane,
对很多事都是这样
about so many other things.
但是 我也是一样
But then, so have I.
你知道的 他和我...
You see, he and I are...
他和我挺像的
He and I are so similar.
我们两个的性格都很固执
We"re both so stubborn.
爸爸 我...
Papa, I...
你真的是很爱他 不是吗?
You really do love him, don"t you?
非常爱
Very much.
我真不敢相信有人会配得上你
I cannot believe that anyone can deserve you.
现在看起来 是我看错了
But it seems I am overruled.
我衷心地祝福你们
So I heartily give my consent.
我是不想把你随便嫁给别人 我的伊丽莎白
I could not have parted with you, my Lizzie, to anyone less worthy.
谢谢你
Thank you.
如果有其他年轻的小伙子来找曼丽或者吉蒂
If any young men come for Mary or Kitty,
看在老天的份上 让他们进来吧
for heaven"s sake, send them in.
我现在的生活可真是清闲
I"m quite at my leisure.
你睡得好吗? 亲爱的?
How are you this evening, my dear?
非常好
Very well.
-希望你别再叫我"亲爱的"了 -为什么?
-Only I wish you would not call me "my dear". -Why?
因为每当我父亲生气时才会如此称呼我母亲
Because it"s what my father always calls my mother when he"s cross about something.
那我可以怎么称呼你呢?
What endearments am I allowed?
哦 让我想想看
Well let me think...
寻常日子叫我"丽兹"
"Lizzie" for everyday
星期天可以叫我"小傻瓜"
"My Pearl" for Sundays
另外...
and...
在某些情况下 可以叫我"神气活现"
"Goddess Divine", but only on very special occasions.
那么 我生气时该怎么叫你呢?
And...what should I call you when I am cross?
达西夫人?
"Mrs. Darcy"?
不...不
No! No.
你只能在以下的情况下叫我"达西夫人"
You may only call me "Mrs. Darcy"...
即当你完完全全 千真万确 毫无疑问地觉得幸福时
when you are completely, and perfectly, and incandescently happy.
你今晚过得怎么样?
Then how are you this evening... Mrs. Darcy?
达西夫人?
Mrs. Darcy
达西夫人
Mrs. Darcy
达西夫人
Mrs. Darcy
达西夫人
Mrs. Darcy
达西夫人
Mrs. Darcy

相关影视
合作伙伴
本站仅为学习交流之用,所有视频和图片均来自互联网收集而来,版权归原创者所有,本网站只提供web页面服务,并不提供资源存储,也不参与录制、上传
若本站收录的节目无意侵犯了贵司版权,请发邮件(我们会在3个工作日内删除侵权内容,谢谢。)

www.fs94.org-飞速影视 粤ICP备74369512号